Monday, October 10, 2005

FOR TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11TH, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

OCTOBER 11TH, 2005

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Determine to like your work. Then it will become a pleasure, not drudgery. Change yourself, and your work will seem different

Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY'S ACTION

 By acting as you wish yourself to be, in due course you will become as you act

TODAY'S QUOTE

Teach your children how to forgive, make your homes places of love and forgiveness; make your streets and neighborhoods centers of peace and reconciliation.

Pope John II

HAPPY TUESDAY !

 BACK TO WORK FOR ME !

As I sit at the computer each day and put together this little newsletter, I have a friend that sits quietly on my lap and purrs away. Since the mornings have been much cooler, I appreciate my little cat…she’s a real knee warmer. I got my flannels out – the ones I wear and the ones on my bed. They certainly warm things up too! We had such very warm weather all summer and fall (till now) that this sudden drop is temperature is very hard to take. Before now you hated to put on the briefest of clothing…now you want to layer up.

Coffee is done and I must be off to work !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...TAKE YOUR TEDDY BEAR TO WORK DAY!

Today is the day you're supposed to take your Teddy Bear with you into the office. So, go for it!

Oh... and, if you still have a job tomorrow, let us know

AND IT’S… Dr.Pepper Baked Beans Appreciation Day

Dr. Pepper Baked Beans

28 ounce can pork and beans

1 onion, chopped fine

1 green pepper,

chopped fine 1 tomato,

 chopped fine 1/2 cup dark brown sugar

 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper

 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350F.

Drain liquid from pork and beans. Pour into a baking dish. Gently mix in onion, pepper and tomato. Combine sugar, Dr. Pepper and cloves until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over bean mixture. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.

TODAY'S TRIVIA

 1881: Roll film for cameras was patented by D.H. Houston of Cambria, Wisconsin

1948 Cleve Indians beat Boston Braves, 4 games to 2 in 45th World Series

1950: The Federal Communications Commission authorizes the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) to begin commercial color TV broadcasts

1975: William Jefferson Clinton and Hilary Rodham were married in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Bill was 29 and Hilary was just 27 years old

1983: The last hand-cranked telephone system in the U. S. went out of service as 440 telephone customers in Bryant Pond, Maine, were switched over to direct-dial service

1984: Space shuttle astronaut Kathy Sullivan became the first American woman to walk in space

2002: Former President Jimmy Carter won the Nobel Peace Prize

TODAY'S SMILE

I asked the Lord to tell me

Why my house is such a mess.

He asked if I'd been 'puting,

And I had to answer "yes."

He told me to get off my backside

And tidy up the house.

And so I started cleaning up...

The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.

That really did the trick...

I was just admiring my work...

I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops

I found A real absorbing site

That I got SO way into...

I was into it all night. 

Nothing's changed except my mouse

It's very, very shiny.

I guess my house will stay a mess...

While I sit here on my hiney

I Once Had A Life, Now I Have A Computer

TODAY'S WORD

refulgence • \rih-FULL-junss

noun : a radiant or resplendent quality or state : brilliance

TODAY'S REFLECTION

But let the brother of humble circumstances glory in his high position... James 1:9

Kneeling keeps us on an even keel of life, and it keeps us from keeling over when the road gets rough. The hardest thing in life is to come down gracefully but, if we can do that, then we can come back up gracefully. With God's grace, we will. Humility is not humiliation. One is full of grace and the other is a disgrace. So let us not worry about humble circumstances, for Jesus Himself had not a place to lay His worthy head

From Daily Miscellany

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Salt or coffee grounds, washed down the drain occasionally, will help rid it of grease

71 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

 Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: