Wednesday, October 19, 2005

FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20TH, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

OCTOBER 20TH , 2005

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience

Benjamin Franklin

TODAY'S ACTION

Balance your daily duties with the beauty and joy of every moment

TODAY'S QUOTE

 Life is not so short but that there is always time for courtesy

Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

HAPPY ‘THANKFULLY’ THURSDAY !

Today I’m thankful for 2nd and 3rd tips to enjoying work –

 2. TIME

 All of us too need to make readjustments in life. We need to make corrections, get refocused and sometimes let go of the unnecessary. Readjusting doesn't happen in an instant. We need time to do it and time to give it a chance.

3. KINDNESS

A little act of kindness goes a long way

towards making this world a better place.

Each kind thing we do connects us to

the hearts, souls, and lives of those around us.

Each kind word we say and kind

thought we think brings us closer to love,

closer to each other, and most importantly closer to God.

Kindness always ripples out as well

 and travels from person to person

until it circles the world and returns

home to the heart that first shared it.

May you always fill your life with kindness then

May all your days be full of loving thoughts, joyous

 

Now I have CREATIVITY, TIME AND KINDNESS to apply in my work day – sounds like I’m on my way to enjoying every day! I hope you are too !

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL ! ANOTHER WONDERFUL ONE ON THE WAY

TODAY IS...ADOPT A DOG DAY

There's nothing like a little, squirmy puppy, but older dogs make gets pets, too. You can save a life by adopting a shelter dog - and get a loyal friend in return.

Here is a link to the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

 http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

TODAY'S TRIVIA

1803: The US Senate ratified the Louisiana Purchase

1820: Spain gives Florida to the United States

1961: The TV sitcom about police, Car 54, Where Are You?, premiered, and ran till 1963

1968 Jacqueline Kennedy married Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis

TODAY'S SMILE

MOSES AND THE COMPUTER

"Excuse me, Sir." "Is that you again, Moses?" "I'm afraid it is, sir." "What is it this time, Moses. More computer problems?" "How did you guess?" "I don't have to guess, Moses. Remember?" "Oh, yeah. I forgot."

"Tell me what you want, Moses." "But you already know. Remember?" "Moses!" "Sorry, sir." "Well, go ahead, Moses. Spit it out." "Well, I have a question, sir. You know those 'ten things' you sent me?"

"You mean the Commandments, Moses?"

"That's it. I was wondering if they were important."

 "What do you mean 'were important', Moses? Of course, they're important. Otherwise I wouldn't have sent them to you."

 "Well, sorry, but I lost them. I could say the dog ate them, but of course you would see right through that."

 "What do you mean 'you lost them'? Are you trying to tell me you didn't save them, Moses?"

 "No, sir. I forgot." "You should always save, Moses." Yeah, I know. You told me that before. I was going to, but I forgot. I did send them to some people before I lost them though." "And did you hear back from any of them?"

'You already know I did. What about the one guy who said he never uses 'shalt not'? Can he change the words a little bit?" "Yes, Moses. As long as he doesn't change the meaning."

 "And what about the guy who thought your stance was a little harsh, and recommended calling them the 'Ten Suggestions,' or letting people pick one or two to try for a while?"

 "Moses, I'll act like I didn't hear that." "I think that means 'no.'

Well, what about the guy who said I was scamming him?"

"I think the term is 'spamming,' Moses." "Oh, yeah. I e-mailed him back and told him I don't even eat that stuff, and I have no idea how you can send it to someone through a computer."

"And what did he say?" "You know what he said. He used Your name in vain. You don't think he might have sent me one of those - er - plagues, and that's the reason I lost those ten things, do you?"

 "They're called 'viruses,' Moses." "Whatever! This computer stuff is just too much for me. Can we just go back to those stone tablets? It was hard on my back taking them out and reading them each day, but at least I never lost them." "We'll do it the new way, Moses."

"I was afraid you would say that, sir."

"Moses, what did I tell you to do if you messed up?" "You told me to hold up this rat and stretch it out toward the computer."

"It's a mouse, Moses. Mouse! Mouse! And did you do that?"

"No, I decided to try the technical support first. After all, who knows more about this stuff than you, and I really like your hours.

By the way, sir, did Noah have two of these mice on the ark?" "No, Moses."

 "One other thing. Why didn't you name them 'frogs' instead of 'mice,' because didn't you tell me the thing they sit on is a pad?" "I didn't name them, Moses. Man did, and you can call yours a frog if you want to." "Oh, that explains it. Kind of like Adam, huh, sir? I bet some woman told him to call it a mouse. After all, wasn't it a woman who named one of the computers Apple?"

"Say good night, Moses." "Wait a minute, sir. I am stretching out the mouse, and it seems to be working. Yes, a couple of the 'ten things' have come back."

 "Which ones are they, Moses?"

 "Let's see. 'Thou shalt not steal from any grave an image' and 'Thou shalt not uncover thy neighbor's wife.'

 Turn the computer off, Moses. I'm sending you another set of stone tablets

 

TODAY'S WORD

op·pro·bri·ous adjective

1. Expressing contemptuous reproach; scornful or abusive: opprobrious epithets.

2. Bringing disgrace; shameful or infamous: opprobrious conduct

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Not long before David died, he told Solomon: 'My son, I will soon die, as everyone must. But I want you to be strong and brave. Do what the Lord your God commands and follow his teachings. Obey everything written in the Law of Moses. Then you will be a success, no matter what you do or where you go

I Kings 2:1-3

All parents want their children to be happy and prosper. David's advice to his son is one that we could all live by. When you observe the 10 Commandments, you avoid many mistakes. One of the best ways to teach our children is by example

When we demonstrate Godly living and teach our children to trust and obey God, we are giving them life's greatest gift. It is a gift that cannot be taken away

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Unsteadiness of wind shows changing weather

62 DAYS UNTIL WINTER

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

 

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: