Thursday, August 31, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Peace begins with a gentle smile.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Learn to profit from your losses. It’s no big deal to capitalize on gains . . . it is noteworthy to advance after set-backs.

TODAY’S QUOTE

What you are is God's gift to you; what you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Anonymous.

HAPPY F R I DAY !

Happy vacation day to me !

A new month is here – September !

I’ll be putting the picture of my September purse in my morning journal page if you want to take a look. My new washer is being delivered sometime this today and I’m sorta excited about it. I know that’s not usually something to get excited about, but I do need to do my laundry.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…EMMA NUTT DAY !

Yes, Emma M. Nutt was areal person! She's famous for being the first female telephone operator. Initially, the phone company hired young boys - with disasterous results. They fought with each other, were unruly and rude to customers. On September 1st, 1878, Emma was hired (along with her sister). Her career saying "operator" lasted 33 years. I wonder how many wrong numbers that included! Ring-a-ding-ding!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

In Latin septem means "the seventh." Originally, back when the new year started in March, September was the 7th month. *

September's birthstone: sapphire. Flower: aster or morning glory.

September is the busiest month for births in the U.S., more than 11,000 on an average day.

September is National Chicken Month, Baby Safety Month, Children's Good Manners Month, Childhood Cancer Month, National Coupon Month, Hug a Texas Chef Month, National Honey Month, and National Biscuit Month.

Today is National Cherry Popover Day.

1810: The first plow with interchangeable parts was patented by John J. Wood.

1859: The Pullman sleeping car was placed into service. The car was built by company namesake George Pullman and he was assisted by Ben Field.

1878: 1st woman telephone operator starts work (Emma Nutt in Boston).

1945: RKO sold rights to the movie script "The Greatest Gift" to Frank Capra for $10-thousand. Capra turned it into a film called "It’s A Wonderful Life."

1995: A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

A POEM FOR MOMS AND DADS

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray my sanity to keep.

For if some peace I do not find,

I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet

 Far from the daily family riot

May I lie back -- not have to think about

what they're stuffing down the sink,

or who they're with, or where they're at

and what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself

(did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed

(Oh no, another goldfish -- dead!)

Some silent moments for goodness sake

(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean--

(well sure, I've got the right to dream)

Yes now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray my wits about me keep,

But as I look around I know--

I must have lost them long ago!

TODAY’S WORD

paradigm \PAIR-uh-dyme\ noun

1 : example, pattern; especially : an outstanding example or archetype

2 : a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline

In operation for over 50 years, the Bergs' restaurant has long been a paradigm of efficient small-business management.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance

Isaiah 61:7

If you trust God, you will believe his promise in today's scripture. Out of your shame or your sorrow he will bring you double blessings. Life can be unfair. We may lose a loved one prematurely because of an accident. A spouse may be unfaithful. Others may be promoted around us on the job.

It is important that we trust God's promise that he will bring us a "double portion." God wants to do new things in your life. Don't look back! Let it go!

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Do not hang all on one nail.

21 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: