Wednesday, August 2, 2006

FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 3, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 3rd, 2006

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

 

Pleasure is very seldom found where it is sought. Our brightest blazes are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks.

Samuel Johnson

TODAY’S ACTION

Look for an opportunity to make a positive difference.

TODAY’S QUOTE

The only thing wrong with doing nothing is that you never know when you're finished.

Author Unknown

HAPPY THURSDAY

Hopefully our weather is going to cool down into the upper 80’s today! Normal for this time of year is supposed to be in the low 80’s.

I got the dreaded electric bill yesterday and thankfully, I can still eat next week. Ha ! ha ! Because I’m on a budget payment for the year, my billwas ‘0’ for this month. I had over paid for the year and have a credit balance. It’s nice to get surprises like that one !

Sooooo now I know – it is cheaper to keep cool than it is to keep warm.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS... NATIONAL PARK DAY

America's National Parks provide activities for every season of the year. A visit can be a fun, exciting trip for the whole family. Hiking and fishing, guided nature walks or educational programs. There's something interesting for everyone of any age!

Go explore!

http://www.nps.gov/parks.html

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Hammock Appreciation Day

The annual Wisconsin State Fair begins today in Milwaukee

1492: Christopher Columbus set sail from Spain with a convoy of three small ships, the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, accompanied by fewer than 100 crewmen. They left Spain half an hour before sunrise to begin the search for a water passage to Cathay. Instead, Columbus and company landed on October 12 at Guanahani, San Salvador Island in the Bahamas ... not India but the New World of the Americas.

1933: The world-famous Mickey Mouse Watch was introduced on this day. The timepiece sold for $2.75. A Mickey Mouse Clock sold for $1.50. Today, new models sell for $25 or more and the original watches and clocks are worth hundreds of dollars.

1977: After building and testing 25 units, Radio Shack issued a press release introducing its TRS-80 computer. Within weeks, the company had thousands of orders.

TODAY’S SMILE

THINGS DOGS MUST TRY TO REMEMBER

I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.

I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.

I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.

I must shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.

I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean carpet in the house when I am about to throw up.

I will not throw up in the car.

I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc.

I will not lick my human's face after eating animal poop.

I will not eat any more socks and then redeposit them in the backyard after processing.

I will not wake Mommy up by sticking my cold, wet nose up her bottom end.

I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell them.

I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my people will think I am hemorrhaging.

When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.

We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.

I will not steal my Mom's underwear and dance all over the back yard with it.

The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are Mom & Dad's laps.

My head does not belong in the refrigerator.

I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license and car registration.

 

WHO NEEDS A LICENSE

A city official decided to get all unlicensed dogs off the streets. When a policeman spots a big mutt riding in the front seat with its owner, he signals the driver to pull over. When the driver asks why he's been stopped, the officer points to the big dog sitting beside him. “Does your dog have a license?” he asks.

“Oh, no,” the man says, “he doesn’t need one. I always do the driving.”

TODAY’S WORD

timorous (adjective)

[TIM-ahr-ahs]

1. showing fear or apprehensiveness; timid; 'timorous little mouse'; 'in a timorous tone':

"He was much too timorous to speak up his first day on the job."

adverb form: timorously

noun form: timorousness

from Medieval Latin, 'timorosus': fearful; from Latin, 'timor': fear, from 'timere': to fear.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Jesus replied, 'No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62

Too many times, we make excuses for our lot in life, instead of looking for ways to cope

When you get into a tight place

and everything goes against you

‘til it seems as though you could

not hold on a minute longer,

never give up then, for that is

just the place and time

that the tide will turn.”

Harriet Beecher Stowe

With God as your guide, you can overcome the obstacles in your path, but it is you who must make the decision.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

 TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

If the first week of August is unusually warm, The winter will be white and long.

(Didn’t we all just need to hear that one??)

50 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: