Thursday, August 24, 2006

FOR F R I D A Y , August 25, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 25TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The very act of believing creates strength of its own. Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Today keep hope in your life and a smile on your face.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Tis not enough to help the feeble up, but to support them after.

William Shakespear

HAPPY F R I DAY !

I got out for a walk again Thursday evening and the street lights came on before we got home… It wasn’t even 8:30 and getting dark here. A few leaves on the trees have started to change color too ! It won’t be long now and the walking will be very limited.

I’ll need to be thinking up some other method of exercise…??? Everything I like to do involves sitting down. Then the only parts of me that gets exercise are my fingers and my eyes. Painting, reading, playing my dulcimer, surfin’ the net and doing my Bible studies.

Then I sit all day at work too ! Guess I’d better get with it and go sit in my car and ride to work so I can sit again !

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

 Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…SOYBEAN DAY

Soybeans are the only bean that contain the same proteins as meat - plus immune system builders. Originating in China, it was a staple food crop in the Far East for thousands of years. Introduced to the US in the early 1800s, it is now a leading crop right behind corn and wheat. Cooked Soybeans can be substituted for diced meat in any recipe - if you can get used to the taste.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Kiss and Make Up Day, a day to mend broken relationships.

Today is National Banana Split Day

1916: The National Park Service was established within the Department of the Interior.

1949: "Father Knows Best" premiered on NBC Radio. Starring Robert Young as dad Jim Anderson, it moved to TV in 1954. Jim lived with wife Margaret, son Bud, and daughters Betty and Kathy on Maple Street in Springfield. Father Knows Best made the transition to TV in 1954, with Robert Young as the only cast member to continue with the show.

1972: In Great Britain, computerized axial tomography (CAT scan) was introduced.

1984 - The Cabbage Patch Kids and Trivial Pursuit were replaced by the latest fad toys: robotic action figures that fought galactic battles. They were called Transformers.

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

This is the story of two elderly people living in a Florida mobile home park. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for a number of years.

Now, one evening there was a community supper in the big activity center. These two were at the same table, across from one another. As themeal went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered up his courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?" After about six seconds of 'careful consideration,' she answered. "Yes. Yes, I will."

The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places. Next morning, he was troubled. Did she say 'yes' or did she say 'no'? He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory.

With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he explained to her that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say 'Yes' or did you say 'No'?"

He was delighted to hear her say, "Why, I said, 'Yes, yes I will' and I meant it with all my heart." Then she continued, "And I am so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me."

TODAY’S WORD

lexeme Pronunciation: /lek-SEEM/ n :

the basic form of a word

'Gone' and 'went' are forms of the lexeme 'go.'

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4

The apostle Paul was beaten, chased out of town and imprisoned during his ministry, but his faith never wavered. It isn't easy, when everything seems to be going against us. We stage a pity party and start whining, "Why me, Lord?" But do we forget to ask that question, when all goes well?

It is important for us not to take for granted the good times in our lives. Rejoice in the Lord, on the good days and even on the bad days, for God will always take care of you.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

The faster a cricket chirps, the warmer the temperature.

28 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: