Friday, September 1, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2006

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Never let your doubt blind your goals, for your future lies in your ability, not your failure.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Today be gentle and kind, and soon you’ll discover that kindness and gentleness have become a part of you

TODAY’S QUOTE

Laughter is an instant vacation.Milton Berle

HAPPY SATURDAY!

Friday flew by and I got a few things done. Today is ‘house blessing day ‘ and visit with my Dad this evening. Saturday’s rarely change.

My critters seem to enjoy having me home,especially the beagle. He follows me around like my shadow.

Fall is definitely in the air. We may not even see 70 degrees today. But it’s suppose to get warmer tomorrow.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…POP TOP DAY

The first beer cans were the "Flat Top" by the G. Krueger Brewing Company in 1935. You needed the old "church key" to get them open. These flat top cans were produced until 1970. In 1963, the "Pop Top" was introduced by the Schlitz Brewing Company - good for making endless chains. In 1975, the "Sta Tab" replaced the pop tops. This was good for the landfills and small animals who were eating the rings, but not as much fun!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Blueberry Popsicle Day.

Today is V-J Day, marking Japan's official surrender in World War II on this date in 1945.

1789: The United States Treasury Department was established.

1923: The movie classic "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," starring Lon Chaney, was released throughout the U.S.

1963: Walter Cronkite anchored the first half-hour newscast on network television. He interviewed President John Kennedy.

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend the weekend at the husband's employer's home. My friend, Arlene, was nervous about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine home on the waterway, and cars costing more than her house.

The first day and evening went well, and Arlene was delighted to have this rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. The husband's employer was quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest restaurants.

Arlene knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself immensely. As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant that evening, the boss was walking slightly ahead of Arlene and her husband. He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment.

Arlene wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped. Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny. He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure.

How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up? Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at her. Finally, she could stand it no longer. She Casually mentioned that her daughter once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.

A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before! What was the point of this? "Look at it." He said. "Read what it says."

She read the words " United States of America ." "No, not that; read further." "One cent?" "No, keep reading." "In God we Trust?" "Yes!" "And?" "And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin I see that inscription.

 It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by?

When I see a coin, I pray, I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me.

Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful! When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I cannot change.

I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message. It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful!

And, God is patient...

TODAY’S LINK

TO MY FRIENDS… http://www.mozeyoninn.com/Album/Slides/Fun.htm

TODAY’S WORD

Arcadia (noun) [awr-KAY-dee-ah]

1. a place in which people are imagined to enjoy a perfect life of rustic simplicity and contentment; place of rural bliss:

Only the rude calls of scrub-jays disturb our mountaintop Arcadia.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I am writing to warn you about those people who are misleading you. But Christ has blessed you with the Holy Spirit. Now the Spirit stays in you, and you don't need any teachers. The Spirit is truthful and teaches you everything. So stay one in your heart with Christ, just as the Spirit has taught you to do

I John 2:26-27

A butterfly bush is a shrub with delicate blue blossoms that attract butterflies. When it blooms, the air is filled with butterfly wings of black and gold, aquamarine and coral. One would never think that these beautiful creatures were once caterpillars.

Today's scripture reminds us that God has anointed us with the Holy Spirit, making us new creatures. There are those who would lead us in the wrong direction and we need to be alert to the danger. When we stay close to Christ, the Holy Spirit will guide us to discern false teaching.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

September blow soft, till the fruit's in the loft.

20 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: