Monday, August 21, 2006

FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 22nd, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

TODAY’S ACTION

Remember that your best is always good enough.

 

If you think about it and believe it you must also act on it! This is not a theory. When you live and share your faith you you become a shining light and a help to others.

TODAY’S QUOTE

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Robert Schuller

HAPPY TUESDAY !

Monday was a beautiful sunny day – in the upper 70’s and low humidity. Today promises to be about the same only maybe just a little warmer. For at least 2 days this week I didn’t have to use the a/c. That is a blessing.

DS #5 will be at the county fair all week We’ll hope the weather stays good for him and he does well.

I’m trying to get out and walk as often as possible because our nice days won’t last forever.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in thename of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…EAT A PEACH DAY

Fresh peaches are full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, and beta carotene. They are also low in calories, fat-free, sodium-free, and cholesterol-free. And what's summer without eating fresh peaches (with the juice running down your chin). Everyone has a favorite fruit, but this one is very popular.

FRESH PEACH CAKE RECIPE

1 (2-layer) yellow cake mix

3/4 cup melted butter

1 pound peaches, peeled and sliced

2 cups sour cream

1/4 cup sugar

3 egg yolks

cinnamon

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. Combine the dry cake mix and melted butter in a bowl. Mix well. Spread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 12-inch cake pan. 3. Layer the peaches over top. Blend the sour cream, sugar, and egg yolks in a bowl. Spoon over the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon. 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Tooth Fairy Day.

Today is National Pecan Torte Day.

1902: President Theodore Roosevelt became the first US chief executive to ride in an automobile, in Hartford, Connecticut

1956: Elvis Presley became an actor as work began on the film The Reno Brothers. The movie was released as Love Me Tender, starring Elvis, Richard Egan, and Debra Paget. .

1984: The last Volkswagen Rabbit rolled off the assembly line in Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. Over 11 million of the economical cars had been produced.

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

(I thought all our teachers in the family might enjoy this one)

Why Teachers Go Gray

TEACHER: How old were you on your last birthday?

STUDENT: Seven.

TEACHER: How old will you be on your next birthday?

STUDENT: Nine.

TEACHER: That's impossible.

STUDENT: No, it isn't, teacher. I'm eight today.

 

TEACHER: George, go to the map and find North America.

GEORGE:Here it is!

TEACHER: Correct. Now, class, who discovered America?

CLASS: George!

 

TEACHER: Willy, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.

WILLY: Me!

 

SUBSTITUTE TEACHER: Are you chewing gum?

BILLY: No, I'm Billy Anderson.

 

TEACHER: Alfred, how can one person make so many mistakes in one day?

 ALFRED: I get up early.

 

TEACHER: Didn't you promise to behave?

STUDENT: Yes, Sir.

TEACHER: And didn't I promise to punish you if you didn't?

STUDENT: Yes Sir, but since I broke my promise, I don't expect you to keep yours.

 

TEACHER: Tommy, why do you always get so dirty?

TOMMY:Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

 

HAROLD: Teacher, would you punish me for something I didn't do?

TEACHER: Of course not.

HAROLD: Good, because I didn't do my homework

 

TEACHER: Why are you late?

WEBSTER: Because of the sign.

TEACHER: What sign?

WEBSTER: The one that says, "School Ahead, Go Slow."

 

TEACHER: I hope I didn't see you looking at Don's paper.

JOHN:I hope you didn't either.

 

GARY:I don't think I deserve a zero on this test.

TEACHER: I agree, but it's the lowest mark I can give you.

 

TEACHER: Well, at least there's one thing I can say about your son.

FATHER:What's that?

TEACHER: With grades like these, he couldn't be cheating.

 

TEACHER: In this box, I have a 10-foot snake.

SAMMY:You can't fool me, teacher... snakes don't have feet.

 

HYGIENE TEACHER: How can you prevent diseases caused by biting insects?

JOSE: Don't bite any.

 

TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I".

ELLEN: I is...

TEACHER: No, Ellen. Always say, "I am."

ELLEN: All right...I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.

 

TEACHER: Max, use "defeat," "defense," and "detail" in a sentence.

MAX: The rabbit cut across the field, and defeat went over defense before detail.

 

TEACHER: If you received $10 from 10 people, what would you get?

SASHA: A new bike.

 

TEACHER: If you had one dollar and you asked your father for another, how many dollars would you have?

VINCENT: One dollar.

TEACHER (sadly): You don't know your arithmetic.

VINCENT (sadly): You don't know my father.

 

TEACHER: If I had seven oranges in one hand and eight oranges in the other, what would I have?

 CLASS COMEDIAN: Big hands!

Author Unknown

TODAY’S LINK

A thought for when you’re having a bad day!

http://dingo.care-mail.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf

 

TODAY’S WORD

lampoon \lam-POON\ verb

to make the subject of a lampoon : ridicule

A local cartoonist lampooned the mayor, portraying him as a slow, drawling bumpkin.

Lampoon can be a noun or a verb. The noun "lampoon" meaning "satire," or, specifically, "a harsh satire usually directed against an individual"

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is

Ephesians 5:15-17

The days they pass so quickly now;

Nights are seldom long.

Time around me whispers when it's cold.

Changes somehow frighten me;

Still I have to smile.

It turns me on to think of growing old.

from a John Denver song "Poems, Prayers, and Promises

The days have passed quickly! When I think of the time I've had with my family the days have passed quickly, and they've been good days.

The days they pass so quickly now. So be it.

That is life.

Enjoy it.

Live it to God's glory!

 

Although these words can echo my sentiments they were taken from an article in Daily Heartlight

http://www.heartlight.org/

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Everybody is wise after the event.

31 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

 

No comments: