Sunday, August 13, 2006

FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 14th, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.

Rosa Parks

TODAY’S ACTION

Sometimes the small acts we perform provide us with the greatest joys.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other.

Ann Landers

 US advice columnist (1918 - 2002)

 HAPPY MONDAY!

I’m splashin’ and splishin’ my way to work today ! No it’s not raining , but it may before the day is over. The reason I’m splashin’ and splishin’ is that I got to the beach yesterday.

I’ve wanted to see that beach all summer soooo after church I called up my nextdoor sister and said you want to take a ‘trip to the beach?’

Off we went. The closest beach to us is in Lorain at Lakeview Park. I haven’t been there in years, but had heard that they had done a lot of improvements. It was beautiful !

Make sure to check out the pictures in my Journal – Good Morning Sunshine – I’ll have them posted there.

What can I say – I went to church where I got my weekly dose of R&R and then went to the beach – I’ve got no reason not to feel super today !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS ...HEALTHY FEET DAY

Your foot contains 26 small bones, over 150 ligaments and a big network of muscles, nerves and blood vessels. The average person walks about 4 miles every day - or about 115,000 miles in a lifetime. If you're wearing high heels, you are putting enough force on your heel to dig a hole 4 miles deep every month. Everybody says when their feet hurt, they hurt all over. No wonder!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

The Chili Dog Days of Summer begin today for people who like hot stuff regardless of the weather.

Today is National Creamsicle Day. Does Popsicle still make Dreamsicles?

 National Senior Citizens Day - On this day in 1935, the Social Security Act was passed.

Klondike Gold Discovery Day - George Carmack discovered gold on this day in 1896 at Bonanza Creek in the Yukon. Celebrated in the Yukon on the nearest Monday to August 16.

1953: The whiffle ball was invented.

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

A wise old gentleman retired and purchased a modest home in the summer near a junior high school. He spent the first few weeks of his retirement in peace and contentment. Then a new school year began.

The very next afternoon three young boys full of youthful after-school enthusiasm came down his street beating merrily on every trash can they encountered. The crashing percussion continued day after day, until finally the wise old man decided it was time to take some action.

The next afternoon, he walked out to meet the young percussionists as they banged their way down the street. Stopping them, he said,You kids are a lot of fun. I like to see you express your exuberance like that. I used to do the same thing when I was your age. Will you do me a favor? I'll give you each a dollar if you'll promise to come around every day and do your thing.

The kids were elated and continued to do a bang-up job on the trash cans. A few days later, the wily retiree approached them again as they drummed their way down the street. He said, I haven't received my Social Security (pension) check yet, so I'm not going to be able to give you more than 25 cents. Will that be okay?

A lousy quarter? the drum leader exclaimed. If you think we're going to waste our time beating these cans around for a quarter, you're nuts! No way, man. We quit!

And the wise old man enjoyed peace and serenity for the rest of his days.

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

sang-froid (sä’-frwä") noun

Coolness and composure, especially in trying circumstances. Synonym level-headedness

TODAY’S REFLECTION

He has taken our sins away from us as far as the east is from the west.

Psalm 103:12

 Each adult is responsible for his own behavior, and that of no one else....We are given the powerful weapon of intercessory prayer which must never be underestimated. ...Pray for your children in confidence -- not in regret.

The past is the past. You can't undo your mistakes. You could no more be a perfect parent than you could be a perfect human being. Let your guilt do the work God intended and then file it away forever.

James C. Dobson

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.

39 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: