Wednesday, October 25, 2006

FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

0CTOBER 26TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The process of learning requires not only hearing and applying, But also forgetting and then remembering again.

John Gray

TODAY’S ACTION

Be willing to let go of the preconceived notions, from past experiences

TODAY’S QUOTE

You can't see grass growing by watching it with the physical eye, but yet the grass is still growing.

Michael Drumm

HAPPY THURSDAY

I had a little excitement after work yesterday—I came home and my furnace was making a terrible noise and it wasn’t producing any heat. I called the repair service and they came out within the hour and had it fixed. Fortunately, they had the needed part and replaced it right away.

With only colder weather coming our way I’m glad that it decided to break down now and not when it gets down to the zero degree weather we sometimes get.

We had sunshine off and on yesterday afternoon and believe me it was welcome. When I left work it was up to 50 degrees outside. That’s more like a normal fall temperature.

Each new day is always a surprise ! You just never know what might be new at ‘my house’ .

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way

TODAY IS…JACK-O-LANTERN DAY

The Jack-o-lantern custom comes from Irish folklore. The story tells of a man named Jack who carried an ember in a hollowed out turnip to light his way. So, early Jack-o-lanterns were all made out of turnips. When the Irish came to America, they found that pumpkins were far more plentiful than turnips - and easier to carve. Before flashlights were invented, carved pumpkins with candles inside became part of the Halloween tradition.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Mule Day - The first mules in America arrived in Boston on this day in 1785. They were a gift from King Charles III of Spain.

Today is National Mincemeat Pie Day.

1854: Charles William Post was born in Springfield, Illinois. While an invalid for eight years, he developed "Grape Nuts," "Postum" and "Post Toasties." Later he formed the Postum Cereal Company.

1954: Chevrolet introduces the V-8 engine. 1958: Pan American Airways flew its first Boeing 707 jetliner from New York to Paris; the trip took eight hours and 41 minutes

1970: The "Doonesbury" comic strip debuts in 28 newspapers.

TODAY’S SMILE

Fearless Leader

A professor at Texas A & M, taught during the day and did research at night. and would usually take a break around nine, however, calling up the strategy game Warcraft on the Internet and playing with an on-line team. One night he was paired with a veteran of the game who was a master strategist. With master strategist at the helm, the troops crushed opponent after opponent, and after six games they were undefeated. Suddenly the fearless leader informed the professor that his mom wanted him to go to bed.

"How old are you?" The professor typed.

 "Twelve," he replied. "How old are you?"

Feeling his face redden, The professor answered, "Eight."

 One more…

Pole Power

I was getting ready for work when I looked out the window and saw the utility company starting to erect a pole in front of my house. They were going to position it directly in front of my picture window. No way, absolutely no way, was I going to permit this.

I gulped down my coffee and went directly to the crew supervisor and told him, in no uncertain terms, that I was not going to stand for his crew putting that stupid electrical pole directly in front of my picture window.

He took out a plot map, a map for pole locations and a right of way document. He went on to explain that the chosen location was the best spot for the pole.

I told him it was not the best location for me and that when I came home from work that day I certainly did not expect to see that pole in front of my window.

He asked where I did want them to put it and I told him I didn't give a hoot, as long as it was not in front of my window. I felt pretty smug as I drove off to work because

I felt I got my point across. I knew he was afraid to put it there now. Ah, the feeling of power; at least until I got home and found the pole in the middle of my driveway.

TODAY’S WORD

sa·lu·bri·ous adjective

 Conducive or favorable to health or well-being.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Jesus replied, You of little faith, why are you so afraid?

Matthew 8:26

The disciples cowered in fear, when their small boat was caught in the storm on the lake. They surely must have felt embarrassed when Jesus rebuked them for their fear and lack of faith.

Too many times we panic and waste time fretting and feeling sorry for ourselves. Jesus must feel the same sorrow over our lack of faith.

 Doubt sees the obstacles: faith sees the way.

Doubt sees the darkest night; faith sees the day.

Doubt dreads to take a step; faith soars on high.

Doubt questions, 'Who believes?' Faith answers, 'I'"

Anonymous

 http://www.dailyguideposts.com

 TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.

 56 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: