Friday, October 6, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

October 7TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

To love what you do and feel that it matters -- how could anything be more fun?

Katherine Graham

TODAY’S ACTION

Avoid being judgmental. Eliminate resentment and bitterness, and your personal peace will increase.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.

Elizabeth Lawrence

HAPPY SATURDAY!

When I turned on the news last night I heard the ‘S’ word in the forecast. This weekend will be chilly, but sunny. Next weekend is when the wet ‘S---’ might happen. Oh dear, it’s too early for that isn’t it???

This morning I’m sipping the good hot coffee and trying to make up my mind where to start first. Saturday’s always fly by and only half my list usually gets done if I’m lucky. I do have to take the ‘silver streak’ in for it’s 50,000 mile servicing at 9:00 so that will put a dent in the morning .

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…RIPE PUMPKIN DAY

Pumpkins are 90 percent water. They were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites. We don't know if that works, but we DO know they are good to eat!

PUMPKIN BREAD

3 cups sugar, granulated

3 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

4 large eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2 cups pumpkin (cooked)

2/3 cup water

1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter 3 loaf pans. Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the eggs, oil, pumpkin and water. Beat well with an electric mixer. Stir in the walnuts with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the loaf pans filling each half to two-thirds full. Bake for 60-90 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Cool about ten minutes, then loosen the edges of the bread with a knife and turn out to cool on a rack.

 TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Frappe Day.

Greek frappé is a foam-covered drink derived from spray-dried instant coffee that is consumed cold. It is very popular in Greece especially during summer but also found in other countries. The instant coffee found in other countries such as the USA is usually freeze-dried, which is in general more flavorful, but whose higher oil content impedes foam formation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_961_make-coffee-frappe.html

1868 Cornell University (Ithaca NY) opens

1957 "American Bandstand" premieres

1968: The Motion Picture Association of America adopted its film-rating system, ranging from "G" for "general" audiences to "X" for adult patrons only.

1982: The British musical "Cats," by Andrew Lloyd Webber, opened on Broadway.

TODAY’S SMILE

Long Handle Spoons

 By: Author Unknown

A man spoke with the Lord about heaven and hell. The Lord said to the man, "Come, I will show you hell." They entered a room where a group of people sat around a huge pot of stew. Everyone was famished, desperate and starving. Each held a spoon that reached the pot, but each spoon had a handle so much longer than their own arm that it could not be used to get the stew into their own mouths. The suffering was terrible.

"Come, now I will show you heaven," the Lord said after a while. They entered another room, identical to the first -- the pot of stew, the group of people, the same long-handled spoons. But there everyone was happy and well-nourished. "I don't understand," said the man. "Why are they happy here when they were miserable in the other room and everything was the same?"

The Lord smiled, "Ah, it is simple," he said. "Here they have learned to feed each other."

TODAY’S WORD

propinquity Pronunciation:

 /pro-PING-kwi-ty/ n :

nearness in place

The hotel was favored because of its propinquity to the theatre.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

Exodus 13:21

Wouldn't it be great if God gave each of us as clear directions as he gave the Israelites in their escape from Egyptian slavery? There are times in our lives when we can't find direction in solving a difficult situation. What is God's will?

I have found a simple way in which I’ve found guidance and I’d like to share it.

I go to God in prayer. When we are quiet and pray, we don't push the panic button.

I make a list of choices and evaluate them. Unless I am certain that what I am about to do is according to what Jesus teaches, I don't do it.

I talk with a trusted family member or friend. I am careful that this person will keep our conversation confidential and will talk with me honestly, not just telling me what I want to hear.

I step out in faith, willing to take the risk of failure. The only one who never fails is the one who never does anything. And I know that God will strengthen and protect me in all I do.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Don't oppose forces; use them.

Buckminster Fuller

75 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: