Saturday, October 7, 2006

FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

October 8TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The future is full of doubt, indeed,

but fuller still of hope.

John Lubbock

TODAY’S ACTION

Look at the world with the eyes of a child.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been but also where you're going.

 Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured every step of the way.

Author Unknown

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Well, Saturday was an experience. I thought I just needed an oil change and rotating the tires service this time, but as my luck would go I had that and a new ball joint and new front brakes. Since I was there for so long they gave me a loner car and I went to the craft store to spend some time…I got back about noon and started for home. However, the car was making a terrible noise so I went back to the dealership. It turns out that one of the brake pads was slipping. They fixed it and I got home about 2:00. They did give my car a wash and cleaned the carpet too ! I wonder did they spill something that the carpet needed cleaned???

OH WELL, It was quite dirty and did need it, but they never did that before. I’ll just count my blessings and forget the cost and celebrate R&R day!

I’m off to church as usual and then I think the house may need some attention, it certainly didn’t get it yesterday.

Take good care all ! Have a great day !

Another wonderful one on the Way!

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders. Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS….WALL PAPER DAY

Since the Chinese invented papermaking, people think they also invented wallpaper. Wrong! Wallpaper was invented in France during the late 15th century. It was intended to be a cheap substitute for fancy woven tapestries, but it soon became very popular. When the paper mills started running across Europe, wallpaper could have stenciled, hand-painted or printed designs.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Fire Prevention Day, the anniversary of the Great Chicago Fire in 1871, when legend says Mrs. O'Leary's cow kicked over a lantern. Over 98,000 people were left homeless by the fire. Fire Prevention Week begins today.

Today is Ozzie and Harriet Day, marking the couple’s debut on CBS Radio on their 9th wedding anniversary, October 8, 1944. "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet" continued on radio, then television, through 1966.

1906: Hairdresser Karl Nessler introduced the "permanent wave" at his salon in London

1938 - This day’s cover of The Saturday Evening Post portrayed Norman Rockwell. The illustrator chose to picture himself trying to come up with a cover concept and to complete the assignment before the magazine’s deadline.

1952 - The Complete Book of Etiquette was first published. Get your elbows off the table!

TODAY’S SMILE

Grandmother's Vase

By: Author Unknown

One day I was lying on the bed, reading, when my mother came into the room. She held out a vase--a rather ugly vase. She asked, 'Would you like to have this vase?'

"I replied quickly, 'No, I don't want it.'

As she turned to walk away, I picked up something that said to me, 'Wait a minute, don't shut this off yet.' So I asked, 'Where did you get it?' "

She said, 'Oh, I got it when I filled an order.' Filled an order? I thought--no communication here. So I asked, 'What do you mean, filled an order?'

'Well,' she said, 'when I was a little girl, the Smith Company mailed catalogs to people. I would take the catalog around the neighborhood, and I'd get people to order from it. When I filled an order and sent it in, they gave me a prize.

One time, I got a porch swing for my family.'

"Now you have to understand," said Hensley, "that my mother is 81 years old. She is one of six children in a family that her father deserted when she was quite young. Money was real hard to come by.

My grandmother managed to keep the family together through the years, although I don't know how. For my mother to win a luxury like a porch swing was a significant accomplishment.

Although she no longer had the swing, she had the vase--a vase full of meaning--which she offered to me. Instantly I said, 'Mom, I want the vase.'

Now it sits in a prominent place in my living room. It symbolizes a precious meaning which my mother and I share: Unless you and I are sensitive to the other person and hear meaning, we may well have a communication problem.

TODAY’S LINK

MORNING COFFEE

 http://terrisfp.com/flash3/coffeesue.swf

TODAY’S WORD

ingurgitate \in-GUR-juh-tayt\ verb :

to swallow greedily or in large quantities : guzzle

The kids were so hungry after the ball game that they ingurgitated their fries before I even finished squeezing the ketchup on mine.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

He answered: '"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Luke 10:27

Sometimes we lash out in anger at our children or our spouse. Words are spoken that cause pain. After the storm, we may not even remember what caused the anger.

You are a child of God and he loves you. Listen to what he says: "I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jeremiah 31:3). He loves you for always!

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Warm October, cold February.

74 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: