Wednesday, October 18, 2006

FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

0CTOBER 19TH,2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

It is by believing in roses that one brings them to bloom.

French Proverb

TODAY’S ACTION

Extend your voice and bring beauty to the world.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Mother Teresa

HAPPY THURSDAY

We missed our chance for sunshine yesterday but it didn’t rain until evening, today we’ll get more rain and a cold north wind is blowing it our way.

My layers of clothing will be going on once again ! Pants and a turtle neck then a vest then a sweater and before I go out, I’ll put on my coat. That way if I warm up I can take off a few of the layers…hopefully at least the coat and sweater.

And if you’ve ever suffered from cold feet in the winter, remember that socks with some wool in them keep your feet much warmer.

As you can tell, I don’t like being cold…

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS…EAT PASTA DAY

Mama Mia!

It was the Chinese who invented pasta about 3000 B.C. How many kinds? There are at least 23 different shapes - the most popular is spaghetti followed by lasagne, macaroni and cheese, fettuccine, linguine, elbows, pasta salad and angel hair. All you want to know about pasta...

http://ilovepasta.org/industrystatistics.html

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Seafood Bisque Day.

Today is Greasy Spoon Day, a time to remember your favorite place to eat back in the "good old days." Is it still in business?

1914: The U.S. Post Office began using automobiles to pick up and deliver mail.

1937 - A staple at checkout racks in supermarkets everywhere, Woman’s Day, was first published. It was a magazine designed expressly for the A&P store chain. After 20 years, A&P (the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company) sold Woman’s Day to Fawcett Publications.

1944 - An actor who would become legend in scores of tough guy roles made his stage debut in New York. Marlon Brando appeared in the Broadway hit, I Remember Mama.?

1959 - Twelve-year-old Patty Duke made her first Broadway appearance -- in The Miracle Worker. The play would last for 700 performances and become a classic motion picture, launching Patty to fame and fortune.

 2003: Pope John Paul II beatified Mother Teresa, the world famous nun, before hundreds of thousands of pilgrims packed into St. Peter`s Square in Vatican City, the last formal step to sainthood.

TODAY’S SMILE

I took my son to Disneyland when he was just a little tyke. As we were leaving, he said, "I want another ride on Space Mountain." I said "Wait a minute. I'm out of money, and I'm out of time."

He said, "Jesus wants me to go."

 I said, "I'm not reading you."

He said, "When you were in church, you said whatever we feel Jesus feels it.When we cry, he cries. You said Jesus feels every emotion we have." I said, "That's right."

He said, "If he feels every emotion I have, then when I'm laughing on Space Mountain, he's having a good time too. I think he would enjoy it if I had another ride on Space Mountain."

 Not bad theology.

Tony Campolo, "If I Should Wake Before I Die,"'

But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it at all."

 Luke 18:16-17

TODAY’S WORD

en·co·mi·um noun,

plural. en·co·mi·ums or en·co·mi·a

1. Warm, glowing praise. 2. A formal expression of praise; a tribute.

TODAY’S LINK

CARVE A PUMPKIN

 http://www.toilette-humor.com/halloween/carve.html

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Only God can free our hearts and minds of fear and anxiety, so that we think more clearly. God enables us to patiently take our challenges, piece by piece, and conquer them. His knowledge is so much superior to ours that he can help us remove the clutter, piece by piece. I know. He's done it for me.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Indian Summer-like weather this time of year is called St. Luke's Little Summer.

63 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: