Monday, March 12, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 13TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Getting people to like you is merely the other side of liking them.

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Be thankful for the beauty, the peace, and the marvel found in nature.

TODAY’S QUOTE

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.

Charles Dickens

HAPPY TUESDAY

Yesterday was supposed to be a little warmer, but it didn’t seem like it. It was cloudy most of the day. I think it’ll be warmer yet today, but showers are predicted for the next few days. That’s Spring in Ohio. If it’s not snowing , it’s raining.

We’ve learned to treasure the sunny days. By the weekend it’s supposed to turned colder and we have a chance of rain/snow showers.

It was very dark out when I left for work, but it’s supposed to stay daylight til around 7:30 in the evening now. Each day will get a little longer and eventually it will be daylight when I go to work at 6:30 in the morning. I’m so looking forward to that. My night vision isn’t what it used to be.

All is pretty quiet here, but I do have a meeting at church tonight, it’s one of those mandatory kind so I’ll have to go out. After I get home from work I just want to stay in.

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way.

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

 God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…JEWELRY LOVERS DAY

The world's oldest known surviving jewelry was found in 1900 when archaeologists excavated the Egyptian tomb of Queen Zer. On her wrist (from 5500 BC) was a Turquoise and gold bracelet. Sounds like she had good taste.

THE HISTORY OF JEWELRY

 http://www.jewelrysupplier.com/history_links.htm

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Uncle Sam Day - In 1852, the New York Lantern first featured the Uncle Sam character. Uncle Sam came to be a symbol of American patriotism.. The nickname of Uncle Sam was first used in the September 7, 1813, issue of New York's Troy Post.

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day

LEND A HAND DAY or Good Samaritan Involvement Day, a time to be unselfish and get involved to help others.

1904 "The Christ of the Andes", a bronze statue of Christ located on the Argentina-Chile border, was formally dedicated.

1961: Ricky Nelson recorded "Travelin' Man." It became his second #1 song. "Poor Little Fool" reached #1 in 1958.

Sun rise: 7:42 AM, set: 7:31 PM

TODAY’S SMILE

My sister was recently working in the kitchen when she heard her 6-year old son call for her. "Mummy, Mummy!" he called. "Do you know that beautiful vase in the dining room that's been handed down from generation to generation?"

"Yes", she said. "What about it?" "Well, the last generation just dropped it."

The history of mankind provides many lessons about the faults of our past generations. I'm grateful God is the same today as He will be tomorrow, and as He was yesterday!

He's a rock to depend upon regardless of the human error about to be introduced into the history of today. His dominion is an eternal dominion;

His kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as He pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth.

Now I Nebuchadnezzar,praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything He does is right and all His ways are just. And those who walk in pride He is able to humble.

Daniel 4:34-37

http://www.cleanjokeoftheday.com

TODAY’S WORD

Pecuniary

(pi-KYOO-nee-er-ee) adjective

1. Relating to money.

2. Involving monetary fine.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Whoever is of God hears every word God speaks.

John 8:47

I am always attentive to those I love. I strive to anticipate their wishes and needs even before they are expressed. As I try to grow and mature in my love for God, my heart is always eager and anxious to listen to what He wishes to say to me.

 I find much peace and contentment in giving him my time in a listening posture.

 "Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening" (1 Sm 3:9).

Follow Me by Msgr. David E. Rosage

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To cure hiccups, bite your thumbs and then blow on them

7 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: