Wednesday, March 14, 2007

FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 15TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Eleanor Roosevelt

TODAY’S ACTION

Build a dream and the dream will build you.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.

Where there is patience and humility, there is neither anger nor vexation.

Where there is poverty and joy, there is neither greed nor avarice.

Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.

 Saint Francis of Assisi

HAPPY THURSDAY

It’s so hard to believe it is the middle of March and for the second day in a row, I could leave the coat off and enjoy the blessing of warm and sunshine.

We had some rain yesterday morning and then by noon it cleared up and was beautiful for the rest of the day.

Today we go back to colder weather with a chance of Snow on Saturday. We had some strong thunderstorms last night bringing in a cold front and we’ll be lucky to be above 40 today.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your lovinghands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…IDES OF MARCH DAY

Are the Ides of March unlucky?

Well, they were for Julius Ceasar when he got to the steps of the Senate. But... that's Shakespeare. The word "ides" simply means middle, so we can have the Ides of May, the Ides of July, or even the Ides of Chocolate Pudding.

There's nothing unlucky about it - unless you're Ceasar. In that case, watch your back.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Buzzard's Day - This is the day that the turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio

Today is International Boss's Day Off. On the anniversary of the assassination of Julius Caesar, emperor of Rome, all leaders should stay home today. Beware of assassins! And, of course, if the boss takes the day off, so can you. Also called The Ides of March.

Today is Act Happy Day.

44 BC: Julius Caesar was assassinated.

1869: The Cincinnati Red Stockings, the first professional baseball team in America, defeated Antioch 41-7. Later they changed their name to the Cincinnati Red Legs and then to the Cincinnati Reds.

1919: The American Legion was founded, in Paris.

1956: My Fair Lady opened at the Mark Hellinger Theater on Broadway. It starred Rex Harrison as Professor Henry Higgins and Julie Andrews as Eliza Doolittle.

1977: The shows "Three's Company" and "Eight Is Enough" premiered on ABC-TV.

TODAY’S SMILE

My three year-old was on my heels no matter where I went. Whenever I stopped to do something and turned back around, I would trip over him.

I patiently suggested fun activities to keep him occupied. But he simply smiled an innocent smile and said, 'Oh that's all right, Mommy. I'd rather be in here with you.'

Then he continued to bounce happily along behind me. After stepping on his toes for the fifth time, I began to lose patience. When I asked him why he was acting this way, he looked up at me with sweet green eyes and said,

"Well, Mommy my teacher told me to walk in Jesus' footsteps. But I can't see Him, so I'm walking in yours."

TODAY’S LINK

To find your Internet Protocol address and view your location on a Google map:

 http://www.ip-adress.com/

TODAY’S WORD

am·i·ca·ble adjective

Characterized by or exhibiting friendliness or goodwill; friendly.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 14:23

The only important decision we have to make is to live with God; He will make the rest.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

5 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: