Sunday, March 4, 2007

FOR MONDAY, MARCH 5TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 5TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.

Margaret Cho

TODAY’S ACTION

Today share a kindness - a telephone call, a ride, a loaf of homemade bread - with someone in need.

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility.

Rachel Carson

HAPPY MONDAY

I had a wonderful day yesterday and I will post some pictures in my ‘Good Morning Sunshine ‘ joural for Monday if you want to take a look. The link is always at the bottom of this e-mail.

Winter is still with us here in Ohio. By Tuesday we’ll back down in the low teens again. Freezing cold weather here and we are promised a little more snow too!

Tomorrow morning my Dad will be going in for more tests and I’d appreciate your praying with me for him. He’s had a rough time of it and they still haven’t discovered all of what is wrong.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…BRIDGE PLAYERS DAY

And just who started all of that bidding? Probably the English! They had a game called Trump back in the 1500s. This turned into Whist and became popular with the upper-class in the middle 1700s. Whist went through many changes, but ended up being the contract bridge game played today.

LEARN TO PLAY BRIDGE

http://www.prairienet.org/bridge/

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Cheese Doodle Day. (In case you didn’t know, these are the crunchy cheese puffs we all love that turn our fingers orange)

1821: James Monroe became the first President of the United States to be inaugurated on March 5th. The usual inauguration date of March 4th fell on a Sunday that year and a President cannot be inaugurated on the Sabbath. It's still the law, even though the Inauguration Day was officially set back to January 20th (Sundays are not included).

1872: George Westinghouse, of "You can be sure if it's Westinghouse" fame, patented the air brake. They were, and remain, especially important to trains, big trucks, buses and amusement park rides.

1912: The Oreo cookie was born at the National Biscuit Company in New York. Since then, somebody has eaten over 62 billion of them. That’s enough to stack and reach the moon and back five times.

Sun rise: 6:55 AM, set: 6:22 PM

TODAY’S SMILE

A young fella rushed into a service station and asked the manager if he had payphone. The manager nodded, "Sure, over there." The boy pushed in a couple of coins, dialed, and waited for an answer. Finally, someone came on the line. "Uh, sir," he said in a deep voice, "Could you use an honest, hard-working young man to work for you?"

The station manager couldn't help overhearing the question. After a moment or two the boy said, "oh, you already have an honest, hard-working young man? Well, OK. Thanks just the same." With a broad smile stretched across his face, he hung up the phone and started back to his car, humming an obviously elated.

"Hey, just a minute!" The station manager called after him. "I couldn't help but hear your conversation. Why are you so happy? I thought the guy said he already had somebody and didn't need you? "The young man smiled. "Well, you see, I am the honest, hard-working young man. I was just checking up on my job!"

By: Charles Swindoll

TODAY’S LINK

He Will Be

http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

TODAY’S WORD

trep·i·da·tion noun

1. A state of alarm or dread; apprehension.

Synonym fear.

2. An involuntary trembling or quivering.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.

Luke 12.27

A pastor tells about a woman in his congregation. She is one of those over-committed types, always frantically busy, never stopping to catch her breath. "I'm too busy" is her constant cry. The pastor finally asked the woman, "How do you ever expect God to get hold of you if you never stand still?"

It's a good question. If I had my life to live over, I'd pick more daisies. I'd try to make more mistakes next time.

I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would relax, I would limber up.

I know very few things I would take seriously.

I would take more trips, travel lighter.

I would be crazier.

I would be less hygienic.

I would take more chances.

I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets.

I would eat more ice cream and less beets.

I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones. You see, I am one of those people who live practically and sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I have had my mad moments, And if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them.

Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many minutes ahead. I have been one of those people who never go anywhere Without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat, and road map.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefooted earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would ride more merry-go-rounds, and swing more. I would do more water and sun-fun things. I'd turn more somersaults, and roll in the grass, and go barefoot all over.

If I had my life to live over. I'd spend more time at fun places. I'd try to be more in touch with God and those I love. I'd pray aloud more and not care what people think or expect of me. I'd give more to me, and take more of you. I'd just be me more and more....

Yes, I'd pick more daisies next time

Daily Devotions http://www.devotions.net

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A sprig of lavender or rosemary under your ironing board cover will release its fragrance with the heat.

15 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: