Wednesday, January 10, 2007

FOR THURSDAY, JANUARY 11, 2OO7

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 11TH,2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.

William Feather

TODAY’S ACTION

Imagine the impossible.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.

Author Unknown

HAPPY THURSDAY

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ‘PRETTY LADY’

May the dear Lord bless you today and always !

I sure was surprised when I woke up Wednesday morning and there was a good inch or so of snow on the ground. The roads were slippery on my way to work too ! By evening though all was clear and not much snow remained. I’m just staying in the house after work and keeping warm.

Please join me in a little prayer today for DDIL#1’s mom as she’ll be having hip replacement surgery today.

And Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

God Bless You !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS… THANK YOU DAY

International Thank You Days begin, time to thank someone who did something nice for you. In honor of this day I just wanted to say Thanks !

Here goes…

THANKS !!!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1878: Milk was delivered in glass bottles for the first time by one Alexander Campbell, in New York

1902: "Popular Mechanics" magazine was published for the first time

1928 - Ol’ Man River was recorded on Victor Records this day by Paul Whiteman and his orchestra. Bing Crosby crooned as the song’s featured vocalist. The tune came from the Broadway musical, Showboat.

TODAY’S SMILE

I heard about a farmer who bought a brand new pair of boots. However, the boots turned out to be a tad too tight. The bootmaker offered to stretch them so they would fit.

"You'll not stretch these boots an inch!", insisted the man. "You see, I start every morning before sunrise checking on some ornery cows that have knocked down a fence or caused some other trouble. Then I go to the office and listen to all of the members complain about this and that. Then I come home to hear my wife tell me what chores I haven't gotten done around the house.

When I get ready for bed and I take off those tight boots....Well, some days that's the only pleasure I have!"

What is it that gives you pleasure at the end of the day? Perhaps it's going home to a warm and cozy house. A lazy-boy recliner and TV remote? A comfortable bed? Perhaps it's going home to a loving family, a spouse and children who love you unconditionally. There's nothing like the little arms of your children around your neck to help you know the meaning of pleasure.

David offers one more suggestion: I said to the LORD, You are my Lord. Every good thing I have comes from you....The LORD is all I need. He takes care of me.....I praise the LORD because he advises me. Even at night, I feel his leading. I keep the LORD before me always. Because he is close by my side, I will not be hurt....You will teach me how to live a holy life. Being with you will fill me with joy; at your right hand I will find pleasure forever." (Psalm 16:2,5,7-8,11, )

May you know the pleasure today of being with God (it's even better than taking off tight boots at the end of the day!).

 Thought for The day

http://www.tftd-online.com

TODAY’S WORD

ex·ten·u·ate transitive verb

1. To lessen or attempt to lessen the magnitude or seriousness of, especially by providing partial excuses. Synonym palliate

TODAY’S REFLECTION

'If you can?' said Jesus.’Everything is possible for him who believes.'

Mark 9:23

A man brought his son to Jesus because he was having convulsions and said to Jesus, "If you can do anything, take pity on us and help us" (vs. 22).

Today's scripture is Jesus' answer.

Lord, I do believe -- in you and in myself. Help me overcome my unbelief. Amen.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To keep used steel-wool pads from rusting, store them in the freezer.

68 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: