Thursday, January 4, 2007

FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 5TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 5TH,2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

Dale E. Turner

TODAY’S ACTION

Embrace life.

TODAY’S QUOTE

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

HAPPY FRIDAY

Just to let you know that some prayers were answered. My nephew went home from the hospital, they found nothing wrong with his appendix and they think he may have had a very bad flu virus. Also my Dad had a really good day and was feeling much better. Thank you for your prayers!

Thankfully the end of the week has come and I’ll be glad to have the weekend to catch up around home – mostly taking down decorations.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…TAKE THE CAKE DAY

"Take the Cake" means to win the prize, but where did this saying come from? It's an American expression that comes from the South where they had cakewalking contests. To "cakewalk" meant to strut your stuff, so the person who did the fanciest dance steps got to take home the cake.

MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE

1 cup butter

4 eggs

1 1/2 cup flour

3 1/2 cup coconut

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1/3 cup cocoa

1 cup nuts

7 oz jar marshmallow cream

Frosting

1/2 cup melted butter

1/3 cup cocoa 1 tsp. vanilla

1 lb box powdered sugar

1/2 cup milk

1) Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the rest of the ingredients except the marshmallow cream. Blend well. This batter will be stiff.

2) Pour into a greased and floured 9"x13" cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread jar of marshmallow cream over the top. Cool thoroughly.

3) Mix all of the frosting ingredients together. Frost the cake and place in the fridge.

NOTE: This cake must be stored in the refrigerator. Remove and cut right before serving.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Whipped Cream Day.

Tonight is Twelfth Night, the evening before Epiphany, marking the end of medieval Christmas festivities.

Elvis Presley's Birthday Celebration begins today in Memphis.

1889: The hamburger first appears on a restaurant menu in Walla Walla, Washington.

1948: Warner Brothers released the first color newsreel to be shown to movie audiences. It included pictures of the Tournament of Roses Parade and the Rose Bowl game.

1940: FM radio is first demonstrated.

1961: The TV comedy Mr. Ed, starring a talking horse, debuted in syndication. In the fall it moved to CBS. Alan Young starred as Wilbur Post, Connie Hines as his wife, Carol. Allan "Rocky" Lane was the voice of Mr. Ed.

TODAY’S SMILE

GROWING OLD WITH DOGS

When I am old I will wear soft gray sweatshirts and a bandana over my silver hair and I will spend my social security checks on wine and my dogs.

I will sit in my house on my well-worn chair and listen to my dogs' breathing. I will sneak out in the middle of a warm summer night and take my dogs for a run, if my old bones will allow...

When people come to call, I will smile and nod as I show them my dogs and talk of them and about them the ones so beloved of the past and the ones so beloved of today

I will still work hard cleaning after them, mopping and feeding them and whispering their names in a soft loving way.

I will wear the gleaming sweat on my throat, like a jewel and I will be an embarrassment to all especially my family who have not yet found the peace in being free to have dogs as your best friends

These friends who always wait, at any hour, for your footfall and eagerly jump to their feet out of a sound sleep, to greet you as if you are a God. With warm eyes full of adoring love and hope that you will always stay, I'll hug their big strong necks I'll kiss their dear sweet heads and whisper in their very special company

I look in the Mirror and see I am getting old this is the kind of person I am and have always been. Loving dogs is easy, they are part of me. Please accept me for who I am.

My dogs appreciate my presence in their lives they love my presence in their lives

When I am old this will be important to me you will understand when you are old if you have dogs to love too.

Author Unknown

(I sadly only have one dog right now, but when I saw this poem I just had to share it)

TODAY’S LINK

100 WORDS AND PICTURES THAT DESCRIBE THE TIMES

http://www.tenbyten.org/10x10.html

TODAY’S WORD

 ru·mi·nate verb

1. To turn a matter over and over in the mind. Synonym ponder.

2. To chew cud. --tr. To reflect on over and over again.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Romans 15:30

Paul's faith was strong, yet he asked his Christian friends for prayer. Intercessory prayer surrounds someone with the love of fellow believers. We believe it is an important part of following Christ. Even on the Cross, he prayed for others, for he cared deeply.

From Daily Guidepost

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Keep poinsettias in a sunny, cool, and humid location.

74 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!! Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: