Wednesday, November 1, 2006

FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 2ND, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

TODAY’S ACTION

Have the faith to move mountains.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Appreciation can make a day — even change a life, Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.

Margaret Cousins

HAPPY THURSDAY

Before I forget to let you know—sometime this coming weekend or so my e-mail is going to be changing. Comcast has been taken over by Time Warner in our area and they sent an e-mail advising me that the change would be coming soon. I don’t know how this will effect my e-mail or my internet service. There may be a few difficulties in the change over. Soooo

1. I’ll let you know my new e-mail address as soon as I know it is in effect

2. If you don’t’ get my daily mail sometimes you’ll know why.

I also have internet phone service so I hope this doesn’t mess this up too. And I receive several daily subscribed to email newletters etc. I suppose I’ll have to let them know about the changes too. What a bother…but I suppose I’ll weather through it and all will be well in the end.

 All is very quiet here and the critters and I are just staying in and keep warm most evenings.

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way ! Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…PIGGY BANK DAY

During the Middle Ages, metal was expensive and rarely used for household utinsels. They used an orange clay called "pygg" to make dishes, pots and jars. And when people saved money at home, they put it in a "pygg jar". The name stuck long after the orange clay was forgotten. By the 18th century in England, the pygg jar had become the pig jar or pig bank. Eventually, potters cast the pig bank in the shape of this common name.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Men Make Dinner Day

Today is Sandwich Day. (Always on Men Make Dinner Day?)

Today is Deviled Egg Day and Piggy Bank Day, a good day to take your lunch to work and save.

Today is All Souls' Day.

1865: The 29th president of the United States, Warren Gamaliel Harding, was born near Corsica, Ohio.

1896: Britain issued the first motor car insurance policy, but damage caused by frightened horses was specifically excluded.

TODAY’S SMILE

Fear makes you fumble. When you are afraid, you have a tendency to not do well. The pressure is so great that it causes you to mess up.

It's like the guy who was out of money. He decided to rob the bank because he couldn't think of any other way to get the money. He didn't know anything about robbing banks so he practiced what he would say over and over.

He got a revolver and a sack for the money. Then he practiced sticking the sack over the counter and pointing the gun in someone's face saying, "Don't mess with me, this is a stick up."

When it came time for the real thing, he was really nervous but he was confident he had it down pat. However, when he got in the bank, fear took over and he handed the lady the revolver, pointed the sack at her, and said, "Don't stick with me, this is a mess up."

Charles Lowery

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

TODAY’S WORD

dis-cur-sive adjective

1. Covering a wide field of subjects; rambling.

2. Proceeding to a conclusion through reason rather than intuition.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Colossians 3:13

Sometimes it is very difficult to forgive. It seems especially difficult to forgive when you are wronged by a Christian brother or sister. Remembering just how much our Father has forgiven us, may help us to forgive those who have wronged us.

I can forgive, but I can't forget" is only another way of saying, ''I will not forgive.'' A forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note, torn in two and burned up, so that it can never be shown against the man.

 Henry Ward Beecher, Life Thoughts,1858

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Fruit will be more flavorful if ripened at room temperature, then put in the refrigerator.

49 DAYS UNTIL WINTER

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: