Friday, November 3, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 4TH 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

A problem is a chance for you to do your best.

Duke Ellington

TODAY’S ACTION

Focus not on the world's tragedies, but on the world's hope.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Wasting Time . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Salada tea bag

"Wasting time is just about the same as wasting life."

HAPPY SATURDAY

I started my 8 weeks to Christmas preparation this week. I’m cleaning off the pool table in the basement so that I have a place to wrap and organize the gifts that I have so far. I really do have some, but I need many more.

Along with that theme I’m starting some painting projects this weekend too ! I’m trying to paint an ornament for each of the grand’babes’ so I’d better get busy. I have more plans than time, as always there is never a dull moment here.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…SADIE HAWINS DAY

Sadie Hawkins Day is an American folk event created by Al Capp in 1937 for the Li'l Abner comic strip. Sadie Hawkins was "the homeliestgal in the hills" who grew tired of waiting for the fellows to come a courtin'. Her father set up a foot race so the unmarried gals could chase the bachelors.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1842 - Abe Lincoln, 33, married Mary Todd, 23, in Springfield, IL

1845 1st nationally observed uniform election day in US

1873 Dentist John Beers of San Francisco patents the gold crown

1922 Howard Carter discovers tomb of Tutankhamen in Egypt

1939 1st air conditioned automobile (Packard) exhibited, Chicago, Ill

TODAY’S SMILE

Morning Pills

This morning, before I had my first cup of coffee and chased the cob webs from my brain, there was a bit of a mess-up with the pills on the kitchen counter.

I wish to announce to any of those interested that I shall now be heartworm-free for the next 30 days.

 (Not me – only a joke !)

TODAY’S WORD

cowcatcher 

\KOW-ketch-er\ noun :

an inclined frame on the front of a railroad locomotive for throwing obstacles off the track

For his entry in the town parade, John outfitted his black truck with a cowcatcher and smoke stack to resemble a 19th-century locomotive.

In its heyday, railroad workers preferred the name "pilot" for that v-shaped frame which, aside from pushing aside obstacles, helped to guide the train around curves

http://www.m-w.com

TODAY’S REFLECTION

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Romans 12:18

In this world of people pushing and shoving to get ahead, it isn't easy to live at peace with everyone. You have to work at it. You are going to run up against abrasive people. Unfortunately it's unavoidable because there are some people who go through life making everyone miserable.

You have a choice as to how you react to them. Prayerful living prepares you for waiting for God's guidance before taking any action. And often I have found that when I react peacefully and lovingly, I find a new friend rather than an enemy.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A dream of swinging on a swing denotes freedom and satisfaction

47 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: