Friday, November 17, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 18TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

If the sun has gone down, look up at the stars. If the earth is dark, keep your eyes on heaven. With God's presence and God's promises, you may always be cheerful.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Learn from your experiences and errors of yesterday

TODAY’S QUOTE

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.

Bill Mcglashen

HAPPY SATURDAY

Today is the day my ‘Sunshine’ babes come in for a whole week! Now they live a little closer they can drive here instead of flying , so a please join me in praying for safe travels for them.

I’m still working on my house, I should be done and ready by now, but I’m not. I’m such a messy person when I’m here by myself. I only do what is needed and let the rest go. Now I’m paying for it.

DDIL#5 had a pretty good report on her Dad’s surgery. Now we’ll be praying for his recovery and good health. Sometimes it seems my whole day is filled with prayer, that’s not a bad thing – It’s really a very good thing !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…MICKEY’S BIRTHDAY!

MIC - KEY - M-O-U-S-E

Mickey is looking really good for his age - he's in his 70's.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICK!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1820: US Navy Captain Nathaniel B. Palmer discovered the frozen continent of Antarctica.

1866: 32-year-old English devotional writer Katherine Hankey, wrote the verses that we sing today as the hymn, "I Love to Tell the Story."

1883: The United States adopted Standard Time and set up four zones - Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific

1928: The first successful sound-synchronized animated cartoon, Walt Disney's "Steamboat Willie," starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York at the Colony Theater

1963: Bell Telephone introduced the first phone with push buttons.

1966: US Roman Catholic bishops did away with the rule against eating meat on Fridays.

TODAY’S SMILE

One of the ancient fables is about an elephant crossing a bridge with an ant riding on his back.

Because of his heavy weight the elephant made the bridge shake at every step he took while crossing.

When the two reached safety on the other side, the ant proudly exclaimed: “By Jove! We certainly did shake the bridge!”

Let's be honest there's probably a bit of the ant in all of us!

http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/

TODAY’S WORD

cacophonous (adjective)

[kah-KOF-ah-nahs]

1. having a harsh or unpleasant sound:

"A country night is unnerving when you are used to the cacophonous din of the city."

adverb form: cacophonously

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The cheerful heart has a continual feast

Proverbs 15:15b

The happy heart is a satisfied and satisfying heart. A friend asked a famous evangelist what he was laughing at the night before after he had left him in his room.

The man replied, "I laugh three times a day.-..after breakfast ...after dinner and...just before I retire. I laugh systematically. -..scientifically...persistently. I like laughing. It is as medicine to my soul."

That good man lived the wonderful proverb,

From Daily Miscellany

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

It's good luck to spill wine on a tablecloth

 

33 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: