Friday, May 18, 2007

FOR SATURDAY, MAY 19TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 19th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it over. Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Do your work with faithfulness and a grateful heart.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Every action you take is a seed you sow, and every seed you sow is a harvest you'll reap.

HAPPY SATURDAY!

We did have a sunny Friday and most of today should be the same, but showers are coming in tonight and maybe tomorrow. I’ll be off to Dad’s in awhile and have planned a little Spring cleaning for today at his house. We’ll see how that goes…

I’ll be able to make it Church Sunday morning as usual as my nextdoor Sister will come out for awhile then I’ll go back til evening.

You know what the say about well made plans…you just never know.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

 God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…BAND AID DAY

In 1876, Robert Johnson was a 31-year-old pharmacist in Brooklyn. He attended a lecture about germs - and got a brilliant idea. With his brothers, he formed a company they called Johnson&Johnson. Until 1920, they only made surgical dressings for hospitals. This changed because one of their workers had a clumsy wife. While finding a way to cover her small cuts and burns, the band-aid was invented.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

US : Armed Forces Day always the third Saturday in May by presidential proclamation since 1950. Originally proclaimed in 1936 as Army Day.

Today is May Ray Day, a time to celebrate the beginning of warm outdoor days

Today is Circus Day, marking the first performance of the Ringling Brothers Circus on this day in 1884. It was formed by four brothers from Baraboo, Wisconsin.

1310: Shoes were designed specifically for the right and left foot for the first time since the fall of the Roman Empire.

1898 Post Office authorizes use of postcards

1965 - Roger Miller received a gold record for the hit, King of the Road. The song was Miller’s biggest hit record.

1971 "Godspell" first opened at the Cherry Lane Theater in New York City. The musical by Stephen Schwartz is based on the New Testament Gospel of Matthew, and is still produced by secular and religious theater groups today.

1973 - Stevie Wonder moved to the number one position on the Billboard pop music chart with You are the Sunshine of My Life. It was the third number one song for Wonder

TODAY’S SMILE

A first grade teacher seated her students in a circle. She asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. One by one, each child got up and announced, "I'd like to be a nurse like my mother," or "I want to be a banker like my father," or "I want to be a teacher like you, Miss Smith."

The last child to speak was the most shy and timid little boy in the class. He said, "When I get big, I'm going to be a lion tamer in the circus. I'm going to face those animals with my whip and chair and make them leap through hoops of fire and obey all of my commands."

Seeing the disbelieving looks on the faces of his classmates that he could ever act so boldly or bravely, he was quick to reassure them, "Well, of course, I'll have my mother with me."

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

TODAY’S WORD

selenography (sel-uh-NOG-ruh-fee) noun

The branch of astronomy dealing with the physical features of the moon.

[From Greek seleno-, from Selene (goddess of the moon in Greek mythology) + -graphy (writing).]

TODAY’S REFLECTION

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Psalm 18:32

Today's scripture tells you what God can do for you, when you put your faith in him and do your best to meet the challenge

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Lack of pep is often mistaken for patience.

33 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: