Thursday, May 24, 2007

FOR FRIDAY, MAY 25TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 25TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier.

Mother Teresa

TODAY’S ACTION

Live with hope in your heart.

TODAY’S QUOTE

If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty, and the fields would no longer be decked, out with little wildflowers.

Saint Therese of Lisieux

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY!

Today I’m at home. Notice I didn’t say I wasn’t at work. It is work day at my house today! Lots to do. Maybe I’ll finally get all the Easter stuff put away and get ready for summer ! I’m so very thankful I have a vacation day to do a little catching up.

Saturday and Sunday I’ll be at my Dads as usual.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…TAP DANCING DAY

Tap dancing combined the elements of African drumming and dancing with the techniques of European clog and step dancing. It was a melting pot of cultures that came together in the late 1800s. Taps were added to the heels and toes of shoes in 1925 to make the fast tapping easier to hear. The US Congress designated May 25th as National Tap Dancing Day in honor of Bill "Bojangles" Robinson's birthday. Bojangles is considered one of the greatest tap dancers ever.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Missing Children’s Day

Today is Driver Designation Day, time to designate a driver if you're planning to party during Memorial Day weekend. Make sure one person in your group will not drink. Have a safe weekend.

Today is National Senior Health and Fitness Day.

1927 - The Ford Motor Company announced that its popular automobile model, the Model T, known as the Tin Lizzie, would not be rolling off assembly lines anymore. Instead, the discontinued car would be replaced by the more modern Model A.

1983 - Return of the Jedi, topped all previous opening day box office records with a gross of $6,219,629. It opened on 1,002 movie screens around the U.S.

TODAY’S SMILE

Customer at a counter of a lawn ornament shop: "Give me four of those pinwheels, two of those pink flamingos, two of the sunflowers, and that bent-over grandma in bloomers."

Cashier reply's: "That'll be eight dollars for the pinwheels, ten dollars for the flamingos, six dollars for the sunflowers, and an apology to my wife!"

ONE MORE…

All I wanted to do was advertise my lawnmower for sale. You'd think that would be quite straightforward. But noooooo,

"Can I take your ad?" the cheerful typist answered when I called the hotline. "Ah, yes, I want to sell my lawnmower," I said. "In the Wanted to Sell section? Certainly, sir. What do you want to say?" she said. fingers obviously ready at her keyboard. "Um, what about "Lawnmower for sale, and then my phone number?" I said.

I sensed her apprehension and I heard no typing. "Too much information?" I asked. "No, er, sir...actually, you need probably a few more details to attract prospective buyers," she said. "Concentrate on some of the selling points" "Like what?" I asked. "Well, sir, perhaps you could say what kind of a lawnmower it is."

"It's an orange one, or at least it was when I bought it nine years ago. You can still see some bits of orange though between the caked-up dry grass."

 "No, I'm not sure the color, or even the color it used to be, is all that relevant," she said. "How about telling me what make of lawnmower it is?"

 "I dunno," I said. "There use to be a model number on the side. I know they don't make them anymore. It's probably still there under all the dried crud, but I can't see it."

"Um, let's see," she said. "Maybe you can tell me if it is a two-stroke or a four-stroke engine. Prospective buyers probably would want to know that. "It's neither," I said. "It used to be electric."

"Used to be? How do you mean sir?" she asked. "I think the engine is shot," I said. "All it does now is go rrrrrrrrrr and blows one of the house fuses."

"Oh, that doesn't sound very good," she said. "I know," I said. "I took it to the repair shop, and they said it would cost just as much to fix it as to buy a new one. That's why I want to sell it."

"I see," she said. "Perhaps a handyman will buy it and do it up more cheaply than the repair shop can." "Yeah, that's what I reckoned," I said. "I just hope they can fix thewheels too though."

 "The wheels?" the typist said. "What's wrong with the wheels?" "Nothing," I said. "They're nearly as good as the day I bought the lawnmower. Good tires and they go round and round and round, no worries."

 "But you said you hoped the buyer could fix them?" she said. "Yeah well, they keep falling off, that's all," I said. "They're good wheels though. If someone fixed them on really tight, they go round and round and round, no worries. Unless of course, the engine is burnt out. The wheels just seem to sit there as the lawnmower goes rrrrrrrrr and blows a house fuse.

Could be worse though. The lawnmower engine could suddenly start, unexpectedly, roar into life and you could accidentally run over the power cord and electrocute yourself and short the power circuit at the same time. Then your wife would really have some mess to clean up."

 "I see," said the typist. "And....er....how much do you want to ask for it?" "As much as I can get, or the nearest offer,"

I said. How much will this ad cost me? I better factor that in." "Ten dollars a line," she said. "So, what do you reckon I should say in the ad?" I asked, hoping to get some expert advice.

"Oh dear, let's see," she said. She coughed. It sounded a bit like a suppressed laughter. "How about just..."Lawnmower for sale" and your phone number?"

TODAY’S LINK

TODAY’S WORD

mesa (MAY-suh) noun

A flat-top land formation with steep sides.

A mesa is an area bigger than a butte but smaller than a plateau.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

Matthew 13:43

Some people can take an ordinary day and somehow make it shine. You can have the blues and a visit from them can brighten your day like the sun coming out from behind a cloud.

You may be the only sunshine that a person sees. The words from the old song are true, You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray."

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Approach trouble as you would a mule. Look it in the face

27 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: