Sunday, May 20, 2007

FOR MONDAY, MAY 21, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 21st, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Since love grows within you, so beauty grows.

For love is the beauty of the soul.

St. Augustine

TODAY’S ACTION

Lead by example.

TODAY’S QUOTE

The things that one most wants to do are the things that are probably most worth doing.

Winifred Holtby, O Magazine, September 2002

HAPPY MONDAY!

BACK TO WORK

Another new week begins today, and we’ll be hoping we can make the best of each new day that comes our way !

I had a few calls from some of my ‘babes’ yesterday doing the weekly ‘check in’ and I saw a couple of them at church. Every one seems to be doing just fine and I’m always thankful to hear that good news.

Next weekend some will probably be doing some camping and some will be doing some barbequing I’m sure. It’s really hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend is almost here. As far as I know I’ll be at Dad’s as usual and maybe I’ll even clean the front porch off just in case I get some time to enjoy the swing.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…ALERGY ALERT DAY

An allergy is your body's reaction to something that doesn't bother most people. You can be allergic to an animal, flower, plant, food, insect - or even the dust in your own house. If more people seem to suffer from allergies in the spring, it's because of all the things growing in their yards. But, are grass and pollen the biggest culprits? No. The one substance that causes the most problems is mold.

ACHOO !

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Hummel Day, marking the birth in 1909 of Sister Maria Hummel, the German kindergarten art teacher whose watercolor drawings were transformed into the world’s finest figurines.

Today is National Strawberries and Cream Day

American Red Cross founded (1881) - Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross.

1927: Charles Lindbergh landed the "Spirit of St. Louis" in Paris, completing the first solo flight across the Atlantic.

1945: Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart were married in Mansfield, Ohio at Malabar Farm. Legend has it that the couple fell in love in 1943 during the making of the film "To Have and Have Not."

TODAY’S SMILE

JOGGING FOR EXERCISE

1. It's stated that for every mile you jog, you'll add a minute to your life. This enables you, at age 85, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month.

2. My grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60, now 70 - we don't know where she is.

3. I joined a health club last year, spent about $400, haven't lost a pound - apparently you have to show up.

4. I have to exercise very early in the morning before my brain figures out what I am doing.

5. I don't exercise at all. If God meant for us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

6. I like long walks, especially those taken by people who annoy me.

 7. I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

8. The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

9. If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

10. And last, but not least, I don't jog - it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

TODAY’S WORD

cor·po·re·al adjective

1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the body.

Synonym bodily.

2. Of a material nature; tangible.

 TODAY’S REFLECTION

This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Youhave sent.

John 17:3

The Lord wants us first of all to know Him as our Savior. After we become His child . God desires an ongoing dialog with us and a growing knowledge of who He is and who we can be with His help. God wants us to have a personal relationship with Him. He also wants us to grow in our desire to please Him by obeying Him

Knowing about God may interest us, but knowing God will change us.

Our Daily Bread http://www.rbc.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Strong chamomile tea, rubbed over your skin, is a natural bug repellent.

31 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: