Friday, May 11, 2007

FOR MAY 12TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 12th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

It takes a long time to grow young.

Pablo Picasso

TODAY’S ACTION

Look at the world with the eyes of a child.

TODAY’S QUOTE

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

Thomas Merton

HAPPY SATURDAY!

 And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my DSIL!

May the dear Lord bless you today and always!

Lots of May birthdays in our family and they are not done yet as DS#4 will have one coming up on the 22nd of this month.

When I got home from work Friday evening, I found a beautiful cut flower arrangement on the porch from DS#4 – What a surprise ! Thank You !

Today I’ll be going out to spend the weekend at Dad’s. My next door sister will be coming out later so I’ll be able to come home and feed the critters and get to church at 4:30 this evening instead of on Sunday as usual.

Then I’ll stay overnight at Dad’s and spend most of the day Sunday with him. Soooo…my e-mail on Sunday will be late as I won’t be here until evening.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…LIMERICKS DAY

Most of the poems you've read were probably written by someone like Robert Frost or Edna St.Vincent Millay, but not all poetry is about nature or love. Limericks are short, rhythmic poems that are usually funny (but not always clean) - and they have been making people laugh for centuries. Did they originate in Limerick, Ireland? We don't know for sure, but a town filled with poetic Irishmen sounds like a good explanation for the term.

1812: English artist, author and poet Edward Lear was born. Lear is best remembered for his limericks. A limerick has been described as the only "fixed verse form" indigenous to the English language

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Women's Hurricane Liberation Day - In 1978, the Department of Commerce officially announced that hurricanes would no longer be named after women only. Previously, only women’s names had been used, and some complained it wasn’t fair that women got all the attention for causing damage and destruction.

Today is Stamp Out Hunger, the National Association of Letter Carriers National Food Drive

Today is National Nutty Fudge Day.

Today is National Windmill Day

1820: Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, was born. She carried a pet owl everywhere she went.

1932: A new character, Dippy Dawg, appeared in the cartoon "Mickey’s Revue" by Walt Disney. Later, Disney changed Dippy’s name to Goofy.

TODAY’S SMILE

GOD'S COVER LETTER

To: Whom It May Concern . . . I heard you were considering a new manager in your life. I would like to apply for the job. I believe I am the most qualified candidate. I am the only one that has even done this job successfully.

I was the first manager of human beings. In fact I made them, so naturally I know how humanity works, and what is best to get people back into proper working condition. It will be like having the manufacturer as your personal mechanic.

If this is your first time considering me, I would just like to point out that my salary has already been paid by the blood of my son, Jesus on the cross of Calvary. What I need from you is the acknowledgment that the price is sufficient to pay for all of your sin and your independence from Me.

I need you to believe this in your heart and to tell somebody else about your decision with your mouth. The next thing I ask for, is the right to change and fix your life so you can learn how to stay close to Me.

I will make some major changes and revisions. They are not for you to worry about. I need your permission to execute these changes, in My way and in My time. I will change your desires and give you the strength to make the changes.

Please keep your hands out of the way. Don't try to help me and Don't resist me. I really do need your full commitment and cooperation. If you give me those, the process can go smoothly, without delays.

Yours Sincerely,

GOD

P.S. I created the heavens and the earth. I AM.

TODAY’S WORD

ca·pri·cious adjective.

Characterized by or subject to whim; impulsive and unpredictable. Synonym arbitrary.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

However, take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live, but teach them to your children and to your children's children.

Deuteronomy 4:9

From the Pentateuch we are told to teach our children and children's children all that is good, what we have seen and heard. In this day and age, we need to teach our children right from wrong and not leave it to our school systems, this is not their main job, it is ours!

We need to give our children, many times from a very early young age, some firm moral teachings based on Scripture. We can do this by taking them to Church every week to help them learn. We also need to teach them of the immoral issues of our time and show them why they are immoral.

Merciful Father, teach us how to pass on what is good and just to our children. Help us to instill in them the values of life, love, and forgiveness by our words, deeds, and actions. Amen.

the daily Minute Meditation

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

It's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left.

Hubert Humphrey

40 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a Happy Mother's Day.
Love,
Kat