Friday, May 5, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, MAY 6, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 6TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.'

Author unknown.

TODAY’S ACTION

You have not only the right but the duty to be happy and successful

TODAY’S QUOTE

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. 

Vincent Van Gogh

HAPPY SATURDAY!

This morning I'm off to take the car for an oil change.  Early 8:30 appointment so I'll have the rest of the day to do what needs to be done around here. 

This evening we are taking burgers out to my Dad for dinner and spend some time with him. 

I know it'll be a fast day !  Always too many things I'd like to get done !

Have a great day all !  Another wonderful one on the Way.

 

TODAY IS HOAGIE SANDWICH DAY

How did the hoagie sandwich get its name? There's an area of Philadelphia known as Hog Island that was a shipyard during World War I. The Italian immigrants who worked there brought giant sandwiches for lunch - made with cold cuts, spices, oil, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and peppers. These workers were nicknamed "Hoggies". Over the years, the name was attached to the sandwich with a different spelling

TODAY’S TRIVIA

The Kentucky Derby is today at Churchill Downs in Louisville

1957 Last broadcast of "I Love Lucy" on CBS-TV

TODAY’S SMILE

Just a line to say I'm living, that I'm not among the dead. Though I'm getting more forgetful, and all mixed up in the head. I got used to my Arthritis, to my dentures I'm resign.

I can manage my Bifocals, but dear God I miss my mind When I stand at the foot of the stairs, I wonder if I must go up for something, Or have I just come down from there? And before the fridge so often, My poor mind is filled with doubt, have I just put some food away? Or have I come to take something out?

And there's a time, when it is dark, I stop and hold my head. I don't know if I'm retiring, Or am I getting out of bed?

So, if it is my turn to write to you, there's no need getting sore. I may think that I have written, and don't want to be a bore.

So remember that I love you, and wish that you were near. But now it's nearly mail time, so must say "good-bye dear".

Here I stand before the mailbox, with a face so very red. Instead of mailing you my letter, I went and opened it instead.

TODAY’S WORD

olfactory • \ahl-FAK-tuh-ree adjective

of, relating to, or connected with the sense of smell

The aroma of cinnamon rolls coming from the kitchen served as an enticing olfactory clue that breakfast was almost ready

TODAY’S REFLECTION

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.

I Timothy 6:6-7

May we all be content with what we have and thankful for our blessings

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Plant corn now or lose a bushel a day past the middle of May

46 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

ON THE BRIGHTSIDE ARCHIVES

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: