Friday, May 12, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 13TH , 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

I think my life began with waking up and loving my mother's face

George Eliot

TODAY’S ACTION

Go out of your way for someone, but do it quietly without the need for recognition.

TODAY’S QUOTE

A mother is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same.

Author Unknown

HAPPY SATURDAY !

A busy day ahead with the usual House Blessing and then I have the ‘Newlyweds ‘ coming to take me to lunch. This evening we’ll be taking diner out to my Dad and spending some time with him.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS…FROG JUMPING DAY

A story about a jumping frog made Mark Twain famous. It was first published in 1865 as "Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog" while Twain was still a struggling journalist in California - and two years later it was the main attraction of his first book. He never wrote another short story that had such widespread appeal and was so popular.

HERE’S A LINK TO The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/railton/projects/price/frog.htm

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Apple Pie Day. I Just Called to Say I Love You Day - On the birthday of Stevie Wonder, call someone you love and tell them so. Stevie Wonder was born in 1950 in Saginaw,Michigan

1918: The first US airmail stamps, featuring a picture of an airplane, were introduced. (On some of the stamps, the airplane was printed upside-down, making them collector's items.)

1938 - Louis Armstrong and his orchestra recorded the New Orleans jazz standard, When the Saints Go Marching In, on Decca Records

TODAY’S SMILE

A teacher gave her class of second graders a lesson on the magnet and what it does. The next day in a written test, she included this question: "My full name has six letters. The first one is M. I pick up things. What am I?"

When the test papers were turned in, the teacher was astonished to find that almost 50 percent of the students answered the question with the word Mother

Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

Volition

Pronunciation: /vuh-LISH-in/

 v : the act of making a conscious choice

She joined the support group of her own volition

TODAY’S REFLECTION

May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance.

Jude 1.2

A man wrote to READER'S DIGEST, "My mother has always treated me like her baby, no matter what my age. After turning 30, I purchased a computer and learned to use it.

Thinking I'd impress her with my skill and maturity, I sent her a well-written letter, complete with computer graphics, borders and an elaborate typeface.

"I phoned to ask what she thought of the letter. ‘It's lovely, dear,’ she replied. ‘I have it hanging on the refrigerator for all the neighbors to see

From Daily Devotions

God is like the good parent that never quits loving--even when we don't deserve it. If He had a refrigerator, I’m sure your picture would be on it!

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Indoor geraniums will enjoy spending days outside now, but bring them inside on cool nights

39 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER

May 13th the Full Flower Moon

Flowers spring forth in abundance this month. Some Algonquin tribes knew this full Moon as the Corn Planting Moon or the Milk Moon.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

ON THE BRIGHTSIDE ARCHIVES

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: