Monday, February 19, 2007

FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

February 20th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Let us always greet each other with a smile for the smile is the beginning of love.

Mother Teresa

TODAY’S ACTION

Today pursue the quality of mercy.

TODAY’S QUOTE

The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world.

Anonymous

HAPPY TUESDAY

Yesterday was a great day off, the sun did shine and it was warmer, though the wind was still a bit chilly. I’ll put a few pictures for you all to see on my journal page this morning.

Back to work this morning and I think we are supposed to get a rain/snow mix today. I hope it doesn’t get icy. The high temp is supposed to be just above freezing . It really feels wonderful just to step out side and not have that artic air hit you.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…GUM DROP DAY !

Gum drops are one of those old fashioned candies everyone still loves. They were probably first made in Germany as a jellied candy. Sugar cooked at a low temperature plus gelatin kept it soft. Molding it into the familiar drop shape gave it it's name. They were the early version of the Gummie candies so popular today.

GUM DROP COOKIES

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp baking powder

2 sticks butter

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 eggs

1 tbsp vanilla

1 tsp soda

3 1/2 cups flour

1/4 tsp salt

FILLING

1 cup coconut

1 cup nuts

2 cups Oatmeal

1 lb. small gumdrops (take out the black ones)

 1. Blend the cookie dough ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well. 2. Mix the filling ingredients together separately. Add this to your bowl of cookie dough and mix in with a large spoon. 3. Drop by teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F about 12 to 15 minutes.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Bursting Day in Iceland, Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day in many other places.

Today is Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day. At noon everyone yells "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase away winter and make way for spring

1792: President Washington signed an act creating the U.S. Postal Service. Letters delivered up to 30 miles cost six cents to mail. For letters up to 150 miles, postage was 12½ cents

1940: MGM released the movie cartoon "Puss Gets the Boot," the first starring Tom and Jerry, though Tom was called Jasper. Jasper and Jerry were nominated for an Academy Award, but lost. Eventually, Tom and Jerry won seven Oscars for their creators Hanna and Barbera.

1962: American astronaut John Glenn landed safely after three orbits of Earth in a Mercury space capsule "Friendship Seven."

TODAY’S SMILE

Lord help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 AM

Lord help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

Lord help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault.

Lord, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, please feel free to ASK me!

Lord, help me to be more laid back, and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

Lord help me to take things more seriously, especially laughter, parties, and dancing.

Lord give me patience, and I mean right NOW!

Lord help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

Lord, help me to finish everything I sta

Lord, help me to keep my mind on one th -- Look, a bird -- ing at a time.

Lord help me to do only what I can, and trust you for the rest. And would you mind putting that in writing?

Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

Lord help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.

Lord help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.

Lord, help me slow down andnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

Amen

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 46:10

TODAY’S WORD

ad·mon·ish

transitive verb ad·mon·ished, ad·mon·ish·ing, ad·mon·ish·es.

1. To reprove gently but earnestly. 2. To counsel (another) against something to be avoided; caution. 3. To remind of something forgotten or disregarded, as an obligation or a responsibility.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Do all things without grumbling and disputing

Phil 2:14 .

Ever been around a sourpuss? We all have. And even when we try to resist being influenced by such negativism, we find some of it rubbing off.

 HOW UNFAIR to pass around the poison of pessimism! It creates an atmosphere of wholesale negativism where nothing but the bad side of everything is emphasized

Charles Swindoll

We have no more right to put our discordant states of mind into the lives of those around us and rob them of their sunshine and brightness than we have to enter their houses and steal their silverware.

Author Unknown

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Clean up shards of glass with a piece of white bread

28 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: