Thursday, February 8, 2007

FOR FINALLY F R I D A Y FEBRUARY 9,2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 9th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.

Autograph your work with excellence.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Involve yourself in things you believe in.

TODAY’S QUOTE

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.

Anonymous

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY!

Another long week of work. I had 5 hours overtime this past week. Yesterday brought sunshine and a high of 15 degrees still very cold. I got out at lunch time for the first time in a long while. I went to one of my favorite places – the Good Will store. Sometimes I find a treasure or two there, sometimes not, but it is fun looking around and it felt good just to get out for awhile.

Tomorrow I’ll be spending the day with my Dad again so that my sister can do her errands and things she must do at home. She’s been staying with my Dad all the time. The 14th he will go back in for a check up on the pacemaker. I think they’ll find him much improved.

That’s the news as I know it for today !

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…WEATHER DAY

The US Weather Bureau began operating on this day in 1870 The weather bureau is officially known as the National Weather Service (NWS) and is a department of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Hope your forecast is for nothing but Blue Skies!!!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Toothache Day and St. Apollonia's Day, honoring the patron saint of dentists and people with toothaches.

National Inventor's Day

National Bagels and Lox Day

1909: The first forestry school was incorporated at Kent, Ohio.

1964: An estimated 73 million viewers tuned in as the Beatles made their first live American television appearance, on "The Ed Sullivan Show."

1964: The G.I. Joe doll debuted.

TODAY’S SMILE

Life is a Loaf of Bread

The Governor made room on his busy calendar to hear the pleas of one Mrs. Smith that her husband be released from the state penitentiary.

"What was he sentenced for?" asked the Governor gently. "For stealing a loaf of bread," nervously replied the offender's wife. "Is he a good husband?" asked the Governor. "No," she replied frankly, blushing a bit. "He beats me when he gets drunk, he bullies our children, he's unfaithful, and really not much good at all."

"It sounds to me as though you're better off without him," said the Governor, and continued, "Why on earth do you want him out of jail???" "Well," she explained, "we're out of bread again!"

TODAY’S LINK

Interview With God

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/

TODAY’S WORD

plau·si·ble adjective

1. Seemingly or apparently valid, likely, or acceptable; credible: a plausible excuse.

 2. Giving a deceptive impression of truth, acceptability, or reliability; specious: the plausible talk of a crafty salesperson.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

When you go to the people of Israel, tell them ‘I AM sent me to you.’

Exodus 3:14

Do you know anyone who goes around saying, “I am”? Neither do I. When we say “I am,” we always add another word. “I am happy.” “I am sad.” “I am strong.” “I am Max.”

God, however, starkly states, “I AM” and adds nothing else. God needs no descriptive word because he never changes. God is what he is. He is what he has always been.

1 of 365 devotionals in Grace for the Moment, Volume 2 http://www.maxlucado.com/

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A baby born with an open hand will prove generous.

39 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

 http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: