Thursday, February 15, 2007

FOR FRIDAY , FEBRUARY 16TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 16TH,2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

TODAY’S ACTION

 Encourage the hearts of people around you simply by being there

 TODAY’S QUOTE

God does not love us because we are valuable. We are valuable because God loves us.

Fulton Sheen

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY

Good News ! I saw my first Robin of the year yesterday! I always think that is a sign of Spring. The weatherman says a change is coming our way. After suffering a few more below ‘O’ degree days, we’ll get up to the 30’s next week. It will be a mess when all the snow starts to melt.

I have a lot of fun putting together this little newsletter each day. It gives me something good to do and always makes me feel like I’m more in touch with my family and friends. However if at anytime you get tired of seeing it fill your mailbox, please just let me know with an e-mail and I’ll take you off the mailing list.

It was a long hard week with the weather and cold so I’m very glad the weekend has come once more. I’ll be spending Saturday with my Dad and Sunday will be my usual R & R day.

Hopefully I’ll be a little less tired by the time Monday rolls around again.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…PISTACHIO NUT DAY!

Pistachio trees grow in parts of Iran, Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, Greece, Italy and in the Western U.S. -- areas that have long, hot summers and cool winters. The pistachio nut is botanically related to cashews, peaches and mangoes.

PISTACHIO NUT CAKE

1 pkg. white cake mix

1 (3-oz) pkg instant pistachio pudding mix

3 eggs

1 cup club soda or 7-Up

1 cup oil 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Frosting

1 1/2 cups milk

1 envelope Dream Whip

1 (3-oz) pkg instant pistachio pudding mix

 1. Beat ingredients for cake in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in nuts last. Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 inch pan. 2. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or cake tests done. 3 Beat Dream Whip, milk and pudding mix until stiff. Pour over cooled cake. Refrigerate

TODAY’S TRIVIA

God Bless You Day - In 600, Pope Gregory the Great issued a papal decree declaring that "God Bless You!" is the proper response to a sneeze

911 Birthday - The first 911 emergency phone system in the U.S. was established in Haleyville, Alabama 1968

1968: Elvis Presley received a gold recordfor his sacred album of hymns, "How Great Thou Art".

TODAY’S SMILE

One Sunday morning, after attending church services in Hartford, Connecticut, Mark Twain said to Dr. Doane, the minister: "I enjoyed your services this morning, doctor. I welcomed it like an old friend. I have, you know, a book at home containing every word of it."

"You have not," said the indignant Dr. Doane. "I have so," countered Twain. "Then send it to me. I'd very much like to see it." "I'll send it," promised Mark and the following day he sent the Reverend Dr. Doane an unabridged dictionary.

 

God gave us two ears but only one mouth . . . Some people say that's because He wanted us to spend twice as much time listening as talking. Others claim it's because He knew listening was twice as hard as talking.

TODAY’S WORD

Blog (n.)

Short for Web log, a blog is a Web page that serves as a publicly accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.

(v.) To author a Web log. Other forms: Blogger a person who blogs (n.)

TODAY’S REFLECTION

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins

I John 4:10

Today's scripture reminds us that we have much for which to be glad and sing. If you face trials today, remember that God is your refuge and he loves you If someone has rejected your love, go bravely on, for God loves you and will guide you to better love. Sometimes the best cure for distress is reaching out to help someone

 http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 If the first bird a maiden sees today is a sparrow, she will marry a farmer

32 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

 

No comments: