Sunday, February 11, 2007

FOR MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 12TH,2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear, with a manly heart.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

TODAY’S ACTION

Face every situation with faith in your heart.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within the reach of every hand.

Mother Teresa

HAPPY MONDAY BACK TO WORK !

I had a wonderful day yesterday and will be posting pictures in my journal ‘Good Morning Sunshine’ -- the link is found at the bottom of this e-mail just click on it to see the pictures.

I’m up and ready to go off to work again this morning. It’s very cold and needless to say the layers of clothing are on and I’ll be keeping warm.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…LOG CABIN DAY

The log cabin is a structure that has become the American Folk Dwelling - it's a symbol of both self-reliance and practicality. When people started moving west across the country, they needed homes that could be built fast. The log cabin was the answer since it could be built with materials found on hand. Presidents Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln were both born in log cabins.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Clean Out Your Computer Day - Celebrated on the second Monday in February. On this day take time to organize your files and delete those not needed

Today is Chocolate Day.

Today is Lost Penny Day, a day to gather up all those pennies stashed in jars, candy dishes, and coffee cans and get them back into circulation (always on Abraham Lincoln's birthday).

Abraham Lincoln's Birthday

1892: President Lincoln's birthday was declared a national holiday.

1915: The cornerstone for the Lincoln Memorial was laid in Washington D.C.

TODAY’S SMILE

Have the neighborhood kids ever played the trick on you where they knock on your door and then disappear? Well they have to me. So you can perhaps relate to my reaction when, several years ago while I was busy eating dinner, I heard a knock at the door.

Upon answering the door, I didn't see anything, and was about to give up in disgust until I looked down. There at the bottom of my doorstep was a tiny little snail, obviously left there by kids. Having better things to do with my time besides tend to snails, I picked it up and threw it as far as I could.

Three years later I was eating dinner again when someone knocked at the door. Upon answering it I didn't see anything... until I looked down, and there stood the snail. The snail looked up at me and said, "What was that for?"

How often do you have the opportunity to encourage those around you by simply taking the time to listen?

He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Proverbs 18:13, Proverbs 25:2

http://www.cleanjokeoftheday.com

TODAY’S LINK

A complete time line of Lincoln’s life is posted at The History Place

http://www.historyplace.com/lincoln/

TODAY’S WORD

 am·a·tive adjective

Inclined toward love; amorous

TODAY’S REFLECTION

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:34-35

Always, love is a choice. You come up against scores of opportunities every day to love or not to love. You encounter hundreds of small chances to please your friends, delight your Lord and encourage your family. That's why love and obedience are intimately linked--you can't have one without the other.

Joni Eareckson Tada

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

Thomas Edison

36 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: