Tuesday, January 31, 2006

FOR WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 1ST, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 1ST, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

I am a big believer that eventually everything comes back to you. You get back what you give out

Nancy Reagan

TODAY'S ACTION

Create positive messages that will forever resonate your beauty

TODAY'S QUOTE

Normal is just a cycle on the Washing Machine.

Whoopi Goldberg

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Over the Hump Day !

Now we can slide into the weekend.

I went to my oldest cousin’s funeral service last night. The family had a memorial service for her. Her sons gave a talk about their mom and I’ve decided I don’t want my children to talk about me at my funeral.

It was good to see lots of family that I wouldn’t otherwise see-- Aunts and uncles , cousins and their families, I guess in a way a funeral service is a celebration of the life that was…

Well on the ‘bright’ side of things – we didn’t get any snow on the ground. Just a few flakes flying in the air. It was really cold, but today should be a little warmer.

I put a picture of the FEBRUARY PURSE on my journal page – you’ll have to check it out!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...HEALTHY HEART DAY

There are many factors that affect the health of our heart - starting with our ancestors. While we can't change who our great-grandparents might have been, we can think "healthy" today.

Check out some tips for a healthy heart here http://www.health-heart.org/simple.htm

TODAY'S TRIVIA

The word "February" comes from the Latin word februare, meaning "to purify." The ancient Romans had their annual purification ceremony during this time each year.

February is National Weddings Month. Most engagements take place between Christmas and Valentine's Day, and most future brides start serious planning in February for summer weddings

February birthstone: amethyst.

February flower: violet or primrose

February is American Heart Month

1790: The Supreme Court of the United States convened in New York City for its first session

1862: "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" was first published in "Atlantic Monthly". The lyric was the work of Julia Ward Howe

1940: Frank Sinatra sang "Too Romantic" and "The Sky Fell Down" in his first recording session with the Tommy Dorsey Band. Frank replaced Jack Leonard as the band's lead singer

1971: The soundtrack album from the movie, "Love Story", starring Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw, with music by Frances Lai, was certified as a gold record

TODAY'S SMILE

A young man called his mother and announced excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams. Now what should he do?

His mother had an idea: "Why don't you send her flowers, and on the card, invite her to your apartment for a home cooked meal?"

He thought this was a great strategy and arranged a date for a week later. His mother called the day after the big date to see how things had gone. "

The evening was a disaster," he moaned.

"Why, didn't she come over?" asked his mother.

Oh, she came over, but she refused to cook ...

TODAY'S WORD

bu·ran noun

A violent windstorm of the Eurasian steppes, accompanied in summer by dust and in winter by snow

TODAY'S REFLECTION

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

Psalm 118:14

Bless me, heavenly Father,

Forgive my erring ways,

Grant me strength to serve Thee,

Put purpose in my days

Helen Steiner Rice

Today serve the Lord by serving others. Avoid self-preoccupation. There are many who need the assistance that only you can offer

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

All glory comes from daring to begin

47 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I took time to check out the things on your journal.  That little time led me to this and your other sites.  You so bless my heart!  Thank You.