Monday, January 23, 2006

FOR TUESDAY , JANUARY 24, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 24, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.

Aesop

TODAY'S ACTION

Praise others for a job well done

TODAY'S QUOTE

To be good instruments of God's love we must avoid being over tired, burnt out, stressed, aggressive, dispersed or closed up. We need to be rested, centered, peaceful and aware of the needs of our body, our heart and our spirit.

Jean Vanier

HAPPY TUESDAY!

We had a sunny but cold day yesterday and today it's supposed to get very windy and rain.  Most every day this week will be in the mid 30's or 40's going down as low as 29 degrees at night. 

I've got my laundry and stuff to do afterwork this week as it didn't get done on the weekend and I'll be going away next Saturday too. 

Have a great day all !  Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...SQUARE DANCING DAY

The early roots of square dancing were brought to the US by English and French settlers. America's only unique contribution was a caller to keep everyone in step.

TODAY'S TRIVIA

1848: James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in northern California, a discovery that led to the gold rush of '49

1908: The first Boy Scout troop was organized in England by Robert Baden-Powell

1922 Eskimo Pie patented by Christian K Nelson of Iowa –not an Eskimo

TODAY'S SMILE

The worried housewife sprang to the telephone when it rang and listened with relief to the kindly voice in her ear. "How are you, darling?" she said. "What kind of a day are you having?"

"Oh, mother," said the housewife, breaking into bitter tears, "I've had such a bad day. The baby won't eat and the washing machine broke down. I haven't had a chance to go shopping, and besides, I've just sprained my ankle and I have to hobble around. On top of that, the house is a mess and I'm supposed to have two couples to dinner tonight."

The mother was shocked and was at once all sympathy. "Oh, darling," she said, "sit down, relax, and close your eyes. I'll be over in half an hour. I'll do your shopping, clean up the house, and cook your dinner for you. I'll feed the baby and I'll call a repairman I know who'll be at your house to fix the washing machine promptly.

Now stop crying. I'll do everything. In fact, I'll even call George at the office and tell him he ought to come home and help out for once." "George?" said the housewife.

 "Who's George?"

"Why, George! Your husband!....Is this 223-1374?

 "No, this is 223-1375."

 "Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I have the wrong number."

 There was a short pause and the housewife said,

Does this mean you're not coming over

TODAY'S WORD

cad·re noun

1. A nucleus of trained personnel around which a larger organization can be built and trained: a cadre of sergeants and corporals who train recruits.

 2.a. A tightly knit group of zealots who are active in advancing the interests of a revolutionary party b. A member of such a group.

3. A framework

TODAY'S REFLECTION

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well

 Psalm 139:14

Isn't it sad that we marvel at God's wonderful works and yet we fail to trust him when life becomes complicated? When our attitude is one of faith and expectancy -- hoping for good things, as we work and pray -- we open the channel for God to shower his blessings

God truly loves you

Come what may . . .

He will lead you and protect you

Every step along life’s way

Helen Steiner Rice

From Daily Guideposts

 TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Begin winter pruning of fruit trees, and use the dried branches for kindling

55 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

 I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: