Friday, August 12, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

 SATURDAY , AUGUST 13, 2005  

      

TODAY'S THOUGHT

   Live your life and forget your age.  

 Dr. Norman Vincent Peale    

TODAY'S ACTION  

 Live in harmony with your beliefs and ideals  

   

TODAY'S RESOLUTION


Whenever I think God is far away,
I shall remember, even in God’s mysterious
ways, He is always guiding me, directing me, encouraging me, and inspiring me every instant

      

 TODAY'S QUOTE  

Children are the world's most valuable resource
and its best hope for the future.

John F. Kennedy  

     

 HAPPY SATURDAY !

AND HAPPY WEDDED BLISS TO DS#6

  Today's the wedding - 12:00 noon!   I'll have pictures on my journal page tomorrow !

  Have a great day all !  Another wonderful one on the Way  !!!

 

 TODAY IS...TRAIL MIX DAY !  

 Who invented Trail Mix? The Boy Scouts? The Girl Scouts? I'd say it was a creative mom with a hungry hiker! No matter where it started, it's a hit today with everyone from campers to travelers. The best part is that you can easily modify the recipe for a sugar free snack  

 TRAIL MIX

  1 cup dry cereal (cheerios, chex, or any type)
1 cup M&M's
1 cup peanuts
1 cup raisins

Other Options
dried fruit
yogurt covered nuts
sunflower seeds
pretzels

Put all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Shake to mix.

TODAY'S TRIVIA  

 1521: Spanish conqueror Hernando Cortez captured present-day Mexico City from the Aztec Indians. Tenochtitlan was the chief

 1682: The first Welsh immigrants to the American colonies arrived in Pennsylvania. They were Quakers, and settled near modern Philadelphia

1889: William Gray patented the coin-operated telephone 1907: The first taxicab took to the streets of New York City 1934 The satirical comic strip "Li'l Abner," created by Al Capp, made its debut.
1942: Walt Disney's animated feature ''Bambi'' premiered at Radio City Music Hall in New York City

1985: Eunice Kennedy Shriver announced the engagement of her daughter, CBS Morning News reporter Maria Shriver, to "Pumping Iron" and "Conan the Barbarian" star Arnold Schwarzenegger

 1994: Researchers at Harvard's Medical School reported that aspirin, long believed to help reduce the risk of heart disease, also helps prevent colon cancer

   

TODAY'S SMILE

  The Perfect Pet!
 
A man goes into a pet shop and tells the owner that he wants to buy a pet
that can do everything. The shop owner suggests a faithful dog.
 
The man replies, "Come on, a dog?"
 
The owner says, "How about a cat?"
 
The man replies, "No way! A cat certainly can't do everything. I want a
pet that can do everything!"
 
The shop owner thinks for a minute, then says, "I've got it! A centipede!"
 
The man says, "A centipede? I can't imagine a centipede doing everything,
but okay. I'll try a centipede."
 
He gets the centipede home and says to the centipede, "Clean the kitchen."
 
Thirty minutes later, he walks into the kitchen and it's immaculate! All
the dishes and silverware have been washed, dried, and put away; the
countertops cleaned; the appliances sparkling; the floor waxed. He's
absolutely amazed.
 
He says to the centipede, "Go clean the living room."

Twenty minutes later, he walks into the living room. The carpet has been
vacuumed; the furniture cleaned and dusted; the pillows on the sofa
plumped; and the plants watered.

The man thinks to himself, "This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
This really is a pet that can do everything!"

Next he says to the centipede, "Run down to the corner and get me a
newspaper."
 
The centipede walks out the door. Ten minutes later, no centipede. Twenty
minutes later, no centipede. Thirty minutes later, no centipede.
 
By this point, the man is wondering what's going on. So he goes to the
front door, opens it, and there's the centipede sitting right outside.
 
The man says, "Hey! I sent you down to the corner store 45 minutes ago to
get me a newspaper. What's the matter?!"

The centipede says,

   I'm going! I'm going! I'm just putting on my shoes


    just some thoughts...  

 

 I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that  everyone has clipped on. I can't afford one so I'm wearing my garage  door  opener

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people  didn't like me anyway

I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease.... that's when your chest is falling into your drawers

And for the best one of All  I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as  they get older then it dawned on me . . they were cramming for their  finals


TODAY'S WORD

  rescission
Pronunciation: /ri-SIZH-in/
n : the act of revoking, repealing, or annulling

    TODAY'S REFLECTION  

 Wherever you go, I will go . . . your people shall be my people, and your God, my God   Ruth 1:16  

Promises spoken at a wedding are full of hope and meaning, but Ruth's words have survived the centuries because of her unwavering commitment to God and a person in need. She points us to the value of loving sacrifice for the Lord, and to His rich blessing on all who give themselves unselfishly to others.

David McCasland

  Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
commanders.

  Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families
for the selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need. I ask this in the
name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior  

 Click on the link below for some pictures of our Marines in Iraq

http://www.jaromatic.org/

 

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

   The Dog Days end  

40 days until Autumn !!!  

  Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
 

 I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!   Ma  

 MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/
 

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

wedding graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

No comments: