Friday, August 5, 2005

FOR SATURDAY, JULY 6, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE  

SATURDAY, AUGUST 6, 2005  

TODAY'S THOUGHT

  Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. Victor Borge  

TODAY'S ACTION  

Maintain a spirit of cooperation, harmony and allegiance  

TODAY'S RESOLUTION

   I shall, for just a minute, include the thoughts
of God’s love in my thoughts when I begin
to think about how things will never be better   When you include God for just a minute, that
minute becomes the door through which
Christ will walk to sit down next to you so
He can give you peace, joy, comfort, and the incredible power of His uplifting love    

TODAY'S QUOTE

  Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get
 
Anonymous

   HAPPY SATURDAY !  

Today I'm doing one of my favorite things, babysitting !  DS#4 and wife are off to the big wedding and I'll be here all day with the 'sunshine boys'.  We've got lots to do, games to play and stories to tell.  One week from today we'll all be going to a wedding for DS#6!!!  How time flies!  When you're having fun, that is...  

Have a great day all !   Another wonderful one on the way !  

Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.

Protect them as they
protect us. Bless them and their families
for the selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need. I ask this in the
name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior    

TODAY IS...HYPNOSIS DAY

  Yes, those old scary movies made us all think somebody could put us under a spell. Not true! Hypnosis has undergone a lot of research to put that theory to the test. It turns out that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. It's a natural state of awareness, focused attention and deep relaxation. Scientist call it the "alpha state" - somewhere between being awake and asleep.  

Gee... sounds likes me every morning before coffee  

TODAY'S TRIVIA

  1806: The Holy Roman Empire went out of existence as Emperor Francis the First abdicated

1940: Columbia Records cut the prices of its 12-inch classical records. The records were priced to sell at $1. Within two weeks, RCA Victor followed thereby ending a record-buying slump brought on by disinterested consumers    

TODAY'S SMILE

  Jack has died. His lawyer is standing before the family and reads out Jack's last will and testament.

'To my dear wife Esther, I leave the house, 50 acres of land, and one million dollars. To my son Barry, I leave my big Lexus and the Jaguar. To my daughter Suzy, I leave my yacht and $250,000. And to my brother-in-law Jeff, who always insisted that health is better than wealth, I leave my sun lamp

TODAY'S WORD  

 chivy • \CHIV-ee\verb
1 : to tease or annoy with persistent petty attacks
2 : to move or obtain by small maneuvers
 

TODAY'S REFLECTION

 Honor everyone. Love the family of believers. Fear God. Honor the emperor   1 Peter 2:17  

Remember who you are. One of Isaiah's primary tasks was to remind the people of God who they were. They were no ordinary run-of-the-mill ragtag outfit. They were God's own anointed. They were the chosen. Like the Marines, they were the few, the proud. We need to be reminded, sometimes, who we are too. We are God's people.  Membership in a prominent family is helpful in this world. I want to say to all of us, however, there is an even greater advantage to those who know themselves to be a part of the family of God  

 FROM DAILY DEVOTIONS    

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC  

To quickly ripen picked tomatoes, place them in a covered bowl with apples.

  47 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!  

 Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
  I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!   Ma    

MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/

   BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

No comments: