Thursday, August 4, 2005

FOR FRIDAY AUGUST 5, 2005

  ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

 THURSDAY, AUGUST 5, 2005  

TODAY'S THOUGHT  

Where there is great love there are always miracles.  

Willa Cather  

TODAY'S ACTION

  Open your heart and eyes to see that opportunities to help and serve are everywhere.  

 TODAY'S RESOLUTION  

 Precious Lord, I shall remember you love me
in spite of all my sins, in spite of all my mistakes,
and in spite of all my times of falling down  

TODAY'S QUOTE

   I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.   Harry Truman  

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY !

  A vacation day for me.... Last night I got to baby sit for my 'sunshine boys' I found out that nothing in my house is childproof!   It should be a fun day today - they have a rehersal dinner to go to, so I'll babysit again!   

 Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the way !    

   TODAY IS...MUSTARD SEED DAY

  Mustard is a popular seasoning in kitchens around the world. But, what about those cute, little white mustard seeds? Grown in Europe and in the north part of the U.S., they have been used for lots of other interesting reasons. Ground into a powder and dried, they were an old remedy for colds and rheumatism. As a fertilizer, they will give your daffodils stronger color. You can even put dried mustard in your shoes to prevent cold feet  

EASY HONEY MUSTARD

 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon minced parsely

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Serve as a dressing over your favorite lettuce salad.


 
   TODAY'S TRIVIA

  1583: First English settlement in the New World founded at St. John's Newfoundland

1620: "Mayflower" and "Speedwell" sail from England

1833: Chicago was incorporated as a village with a population of about 200

1914: The first electric traffic lights were installed, in Cleveland, Ohio. Euclid Avenue and East 105th Street in Cleveland, Ohio became the first intersection in the country to be equipped with an electric traffic light. The lighting ceremony occurred on this day

1924: The comic strip "Little Orphan Annie," by Harold Gray, made its debut.

1957: "American Bandstand," hosted by Dick Clark, made its network debut on ABC

 

TODAY'S SMILE

We spend the first six years teaching our children to walk and talk, and the next 15 telling them to be quiet and sit  down.

Dear Abbey

 

Grandma was making her very first flight aboard a plane from L.A. to New York.

They had only been in the air for a few minutes when she complained to the stewardess that her ears were popping.

The girl smiled and gave her some chewing gum, assuring her that many people experienced the same discomfort.

When they landed in New York, Grandma thanked the stewardess. "The chewing gum worked fine," she said,
but tell me this... how do I get it out of my ears

 

TODAY'S WORD  

 quaff verb.

 quaffed, quaff·ing, quaffs. 1. To drink (a beverage) heartily: quaffed the ale with gusto. --intr. 1. To drink a liquid heartily: quaffed from the spring. --quaff n. A hearty draft of liquid.  

 TODAY'S REFLECTION  

 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.   Revelation 1:17

   In John's vision, the risen Christ came to him and he was awed to the point of fear. But Jesus laid his hand on him and told him not to be afraid.    You may be certain that God is always there beside you, suffering with you and ready to comfort you and strengthen you when you truly believe.  When you are afraid, tell the Lord, "I believe, Lord. Help my unbelief." You'll find new strength.  

 TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC   Roll up your garden hose after every use and store it away from direct sunlight.  

 48 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

  Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
 

I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!  

Ma  

 MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/
 

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

No comments: