Monday, July 24, 2006

FOR TUESDAY, JULY 25TH, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 25TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.

Emily Dickinson

TODAY’S ACTION

Take heed: you do not find what you do not seek.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.

Sam Keen

HAPPY TUESDAY

We were blessed with an almost perfect summer day yesterday! The only imperfection I could see was the fact that I was at work and not outside enjoying it. The memories of these wonderful summer days will have to last through another bitter cold winter, so I’m making the most of them!

I received some GRAND news yesterday! As in I’m going to be a GRAND’MA’ AGAIN ! DS#4 and wife, who are the parents of the ‘SUNSHINE’ boys , are expecting #3 AND this will make my 12th grandbabe. An even dozen sounds nice! They just found out so the new babe won’t be here until sometime in March.

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the way !

TODAY IS…PIPE DREAMS DAY

During the 1800s, opium was heavily imported to Europe from Asia. This hallucinogenic drug wasn't illegal at that time and was widely used in some literary circles in England. The opium was smoked in a pipe and usually produced strange visions. The creative writers called these visions "pipe dreams".

Today the term is used for farfetched ideas that probably aren't going to happen.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Hot Fudge Appreciation Day

Merry-Go-Round Birthday - This favorite amusement ride was invented by William Schneider of Davenport, Iowa in 1871.

1868 Territory of Wyoming created

TODAY’S SMILE

Being There For Friends!

(Author Unknown)

As mother looked out the window, she noticed Mrs. Martin's rocking chair on the porch. "That ol' rocking chair looks so lonely with Mrs. Martin gone. She was an awfully good neighbor and we'll miss her", she said.

Little Roger spoke up and told his mommy he was going to go see Mr. Martin. His mother discouraged little Roger trying to explain it was too soon after Mrs. Martin's death. Little Roger replied, "but mommy, I'm a big help to Mr. Martin."

 "How are you a big help Roger?" she asked. Little Roger proudly smiled and said........"I help Mr. Martin cry!"

TODAY’S WORD

be·nig·nant adjective

1. Favorable; beneficial. 2. Kind and gracious.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

David said, "You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."

2 Samuel 22:29-30

We are shown only what we need in order to take the next step; God will reveal the rest of the journey in time. Little by little, I see the path God has set before me. Each day I walk forward with what I know, trusting God to guide me and to light the way.

Upper Room Daily Devotions

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Mice dislike the smell of peppermint. Spread it liberally where you suspect the critters

59 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: