Thursday, July 27, 2006

FOR FRIDAY , JULY 28, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 28TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Happy is he who forgets what he cannot change.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Overlook and forget the hurt and injustices done to you and try to understand the problem within the one who hurt you.

TODAY’S QUOTE

All of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie

HAPPY FRIDAY

Hello from tropical Northern Ohio ! We’ve been sweltering a little here. I know that in the middle of winter I’ll want some of this heat, but right now it’s a bit overpowering for me

We did get a nice rain Wednesday night AND Thursday evening so that saved having to water the plants outside, but it made for a steamy day !

The weekend ahead looks like it will be more of the same.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

TODAY IS…CHEESE LOVERS DAY !

Cheese dates back to prehistoric times. Somebody noticed that milk left in a container finally curdled - and faster in hot weather than cold. This was also probably the first scientific discovery by man. There are hundreds of different kinds of cheese - raw, skimmed or pasteurised - cow, goat, sheep, buffalo, horse or camel. All of them are good!

TRIPPLE CHEESE SPAGHETTI

6 oz. uncooked spaghetti

3/4 cup ricotta (or cottage) cheese

1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Romano cheese

2 cups (16 oz. jar) spaghetti sauce

1 teaspoon basil

2 teaspoons oregano

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). 2. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta and Romano cheeses, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, and pepper. Save the remaining spaghetti sauce. 3. Dump the cooked spaghetti into the bowl with the cheese mixture. Stil until well coated. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Top pasta with the shredded mozzarella cheese. 4. Cover with lid or foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover. Continue baking until cheese bubbles then remove from the oven. Let stand for 3 minutes. 5. Cut into 4-6 servings. Top each serving with some saved spaghetti sauce.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Milk Chocolate Day.

Today is National Hamburger Day.

 1615: Champlain discovers Lake Huron

1866: Beatrix Potter was born in England. In 1894, in a letter to a critically ill child, she told a story of four little rabbits: Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter. The story, since published in 17 languages, was inspired by her own pet rabbit, Benjamin H. Bouncer.

1868: The U.S. Department of Education was established on this day

1931: Congress makes "The Star-Spangled Banner" our 2nd National Anthem

1939: Singer Judy Garland recorded "SomewhereOver the Rainbow" with the Victor Young Orchestra for Decca Records. It became one of the top songs of the century in the film The Wizard of Oz.

1951: The Walt Disney film, Alice in Wonderland, was released by RKO Pictures.

TODAY’S SMILE

A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates. Ahead of him is a man who’s dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket and jeans. Saint Peter turns to the first man and asks, “Who are you, so that I may know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?”

“I’m Joe Jones," says the man, "and I was a taxi driver in New York City.” Saint Peter consults his list and says, “Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter.”

When it’s the minister’s turn, he stands erect and booms out, “I am Joseph Snow, pastor of New Covenant Tabernacle for the last 37 years.” Saint Peter consults his list and says, “Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter.”

“Just a minute,” says the minister. “That man was a taxi driver and he gets a silken robe and golden staff. How can this be?” “Up here, we go by results,” says Saint Peter. “While you preached, people slept; while he drove, people prayed.”

ONE MORE

 A woman finds herself in dire financial trouble. Desperate, she goes to church and begins to pray. "God, please help me. I've lost my business and I'm going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the lottery."

Lottery night comes, and she is devastated when someone else wins. She prays again. "God, please let me win the lottery. I've lost my business, my house, and I'm going to lose my car as well."

Lottery night comes, and once again she has no luck. Once again, she prays. "God, I've lost my business, my house and my car. Please just let me win the lottery this one time so I can get my life back in order."

Suddenly, the heavens open. There is a blinding flash of light and a voice echoes through the church. "Work with me here, my child. Buy a ticket."

TODAY’S WORD

incinerate (transitive verb, intransitive verb)

 [in-SIN-ah-rayt']

transitive verb 1. to destroy (something) by burning: "Molly threatened to incinerate my old magazines if I did not organize and create shelving for them."

intransitive verb 2. to burn to ashes

noun form: incineration

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. There-fore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure...

Psalm 16: 8-9

The psalmist trusts the Lord and thus he enjoys four blessings

I will not be shaken." No matter the situation, he acts in an ethical manner. "

My heart is glad." He wastes no time in worry, bitterness or anger. "

My tongue rejoices." He wastes no time in whining and complaining. "

My body also will rest secure." He suffers no sleepless nights or anxious days, and this is good for his health.

But you may ask, "How is it possible for me to follow these steps?" The psalmist gives the answer: "I have set the Lord always before me." Keep your eyes on Jesus and you will have the confidence you need

FROM DAILY GUIDEPOSTS

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 Rub raw garlic on an insect bite to relieve the sting or itch.

56 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: