Sunday, July 9, 2006

FOR MONDAY, JULY 10, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 10TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.

Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Give yourself fully to your endeavors

TODAY’S QUOTE

Even though God is the wind beneath your wings, you still have to do a lot of flapping.

Brian Cavanaugh

HAPPY MONDAY

Back to Work ! Here we are another new week that will probably hold a surprise or two and I know that each day when I get up I anticipate only good things to come

Ordinary days and summertime are a little bit of heaven in my books.

 Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS…SMILE POWER DAY

Just in case you've ever doubted the power of smiling... It takes twice as many muscles to frown as it does to smile. Smiling is the most recognized form of beauty, friendship, acceptance. and goodwill. A smile can lower the blood pressure of everyone who sees it. And smiling can even lengthen your life. That's a lot of payback for something that's so easy to do - and free!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1892 1st concrete-paved street built (Bellefountaine, Ohio)

1900: One of the most famous trademarks in the world, "His Master's Voice", wasregistered with the U.S. Patent Office. The logo of the Victor Recording Company, and later, RCA Victor, shows the dog, Nipper, looking into the horn of a gramophone machine.

1928: George Eastman demonstrated his invention of the color movie.

1929: The U.S. Government began issuing paper money in the small size that is currently used.

1985: The Coca-Cola Company announced that the former (regular) Coke would return to the beverage shelves in stores. Consumers were just not happy with the New Coke. The original formula was renamed Coca-Cola Classic.

TODAY’S SMILE

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair.

and wished I was as fair.

When suddenly she rose to leave,

I saw her hobble down the aisle.

 She had one leg and wore a crutch.

But as she passed, she passed a smile.

 Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy.

The lad who sold it had such charm.

I talked with him, he seemed so glad.

If I were late, it'd do no harm.

And as I left, he said to me,

 I thank you, you've been so kind.

It's nice to talk with folks like you.

You see," he said, "I'm blind."

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street,

I saw a child with eyes of blue.

He stood and watched the others play.

He did not know what to do.

I stopped a moment and then I said,

Why don't you join the others, dear?"

He looked ahead without a word.

And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I have 2 ears, the world is mine.

 With feet to take me where I'd go.

With eyes to see the sunset's glow.

With ears to hear what I'd know.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Give your best to the world, And the best will come back to you.

Sorrow looks back,

worry looks around,

Faith looks up.

TODAY’S LINK

Click the link below and then just type in your first name. It's cute.... Y

OU MUST TYPE IN NAME WHEN WEB SITE IS SHOWN

http://www.chezclodio.com/divers/Hi.html

TODAY’S WORD

so·bri·quet also sou·bri·quet -noun

1. An affectionate or humorous nickname.

2. An assumed name.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

Proverbs 3:25-26

The Psalmist reminds us of how fortunate we are to have the Lord in our lives. Instead of panicking, we can take time to pray and look to God for guidance. He will give us the courage and stamina to keep going.

On the wings of prayer

Our burdens take flight—

Our load of care

Becomes bearably light.

Helen Steiner Rice

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Marrying for love is risky, but God smiles on it.

Today is the Full Buck Moon

Some Native American tribes referred to July’s full moon as the Full Buck Moon, indicating the time when the bucks began growing new antlers.

This full Moon was also known as the Full Thunder Moon, because thunderstorms are so frequent during this month.

74 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: