Friday, July 14, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 15TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.

Edmund Burke

TODAY’S ACTION

 Today let the only person you try to impress be God.

TODAY’S QUOTE

I"ve learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances

Martha Washington

HAPPY SATURDAY !

It is a nice quiet rainy morning here. We’ve certainly got our share of rain this month. My good cup of coffee is better than ever this morning and I suppose I’ll have another before too long. I am lazy today, maybe it’s the weather or maybe it’s my age, but I am enjoying doing not much of anything.

Yesterday evening my ‘old camping buddy’ took me out for a fish dinner that was very good – she said it was a late birthday present, but I suspect she already gave me a birthday gift way back in March sometime. I also got a call full of smiles and laughter from my ‘sunshine ‘ boys – they sure do brighten my day !

I hope you all have a great day !

Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS…WINNIE THE POOH DAY !

A.A. Milne went to school in London where one of his teachers was H.G. Wells. They shared a love of books and became close friends in later years when they were both authors. Milne was a newspaper writer early in his career, but published several books before he married. His son, Christopher, was born in 1920. "Winnie the Pooh" was written for this son and inspired by the toys in his nursery.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Saint Swithun's Day - An old English belief says that if it rains this day, it will rain again for the next 40 days.

Swithin’s day, gif ye do rain, for forty days it will remain; St. Swithin’s day, an ye be fair, for forty days ’twill rain nae mair

1779 Birth of Clement C. Moore, American Episcopal educator. His fame endures today,not as a theologian, but as the author of a completely mythical poem: 'Twas the Night BeforeChristmas' (1823)

1869 Margarine is patented in Paris, for use by French Navy 1922 1st duck-billed platypus publicly exhibited in US, at NY zoo

1968 "One Life to Live" premieres on TV

TODAY’S SMILE

The "But first... Syndrome"

(Author Unknown)

The scientific world is frantically searching for a cure. There is an ailment many of us suffer from and many have not, as yet, been diagnosed. However, now you may be able to discuss it with your loved ones and try to explain what really happened to you all those times you tried so hard to accomplish something and didn't. It's called the "But first...Syndrome."

It's like when I decide to do the laundry. I start down the hall and notice the newspaper on the table. Okay, I'm going to do the laundry - But first I'm going to read the newspaper. After that, I notice the mail on the table.

Okay, I'll just put the newspaper in the recycle stack, But first I'll look through that pile of mail and see if there are any bills to be paid. Now where's the checkbook?

Oops! There's the empty glass from yesterday on the coffee table. I'm going to look for that checkbook, But first I need to put the glass in the sink. I head for the kitchen, look out the window, notice my poor flowers need a drink of water.

I put the glass in the sink, and darn it, there's the remote for the TV on the kitchen counter. What's it doing here? I'll just put it away, But first I need to water those plants.

Head for door and Ack! I stepped on the dog. The dog needs to be fed. Okay, I'll put that remote away and water the plants. But first I need to feed the dog.

At the end of day: Laundry is not done, Newspapers are still on the floor, Glass is still in the sink, Bills are unpaid, Checkbook is still missing, The dog ate the remote control. AND, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done all day, I'm baffled, because I KNOW I was BUSY ALL DAY!

I realize this condition is serious....and I should get help, But first I think I'll read all my e-mail.

TODAY’S WORD

homologate Pronunciation: /huh-MOL-i-gate/

 v : to approve or confirm officially

The court will homologate her appointment as judge.

TODAY’S LINK

Add Your Number to the National "Do Not Call" List

Beginning this Friday, July 14th, all cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers and you may begin to receive unsolicited sales calls. You will be charged for these calls! To prevent this, call 888/382-1222 from your cell phone to have your number added to the National Do Not Call List. You can also visit www.donotcall.gov

to add your number to this list. By adding your number to this list you will be blocked for five(5) years. Please help others by passing this along to your friends and co-workers.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Peace, peace, to those far and near,' says the Lord. 'and I will heal them.

Isaiah 57:19

The TV news is filled with discouraging words about wars, murders, and other human ills. People are quick to criticize and slow to encourage.

Today's scripture tells us that God wants peace and healing for his children.

You can be part of that healing, if you choose your words carefully. Christians have the opportunity of being a part of God's healing process. The secret is to stop and think before we speak. Our words can bring joy or pain. If we ask the Lord to guide us, our words will be words of encouragement, bringing inspiration and hope.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com/

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Water your garden early in the morning or in the late afternoon-times when the least amount of water will evaporate from the leaves.

69 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: