Tuesday, February 7, 2006

FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 8TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt

TODAY'S ACTION

Do your work with faithfulness and a grateful heart

TODAY'S QUOTE

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Victor Hugo

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !

Yesterday evening it looked like we had about another inch or so of the white fluffy stuff on the ground. I had cleaned off the steps and walkways before I left for work, but they were all covered again.

Today, we’ll have some more they say ! This evening I’m going to my prayer group. They just started up again after breaking for the holidays. I wasn’t going to go out any more cold winter evenings, but the topics they have planned for discussion and prayer looked interesting. So I’ll go. I think we’re never to old to learn more and if I don’t use it, my brain gets rusty.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way.

TODAY IS...MOOO COW DAY!

The bones of cattle from 6,500 B.C. have been found in Turkey. Some authorities date their domestication even earlier, but it is generally accepted that this happened after sheep, goats, pigs and dogs were already being raised on farms. Early cattle provided meat, milk and labor to their owners. Eventually they were replaced with horses for the heavy work in the fields, so they turned into happy grazers

TODAY'S TRIVIA

1693: A charter was granted for the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. The 2nd college in US

1922: President Harding had a radio installed in the White House

1985: "The Dukes of Hazzard" ended its 6-1/2 year run on CBS television. The series was credited with using more stunt men than any other TV series in history. The show would use as many as eight cars per episode when the crash sequences got complicated. Waylon Jennings did the theme song

TODAY'S SMILE

A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her daughter was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication for her daughter.

When returning to her car she found that she had locked her keys in the car. She was in a hurry to get home to her sick daughter, she didn't know what to do, so she called her home and told the babysitter what had happened and that she did not know what to do.

The baby sitter told her that her daughter was getting worse. She said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door". The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been thrown down on the ground possibly by someone else who at some time or other had locked their keys in their car.

Then she looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this." So she bowed her head and asked God to send her some help. Within five minutes an old rusty car pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head.

The woman thought, "Great God. This is what you sent to help me????" But, she was desperate, so she was also very thankful. The man got out of his car and asked her if he could help. She said "Yes, my daughter is very sick......I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my keys in my car, I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car."

He said, "SURE". He walked over to the car, and in less than one minute the car was opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said, "THANK YOU SO MUCH..... You are a very nice man."

The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man, see, I just got out of prison today. I was in prison for car theft and have only been out for about an hour." The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud...THANK YOU, GOD, FOR SENDING ME A PROFESSIONAL!

TODAY'S WORD

deference \ DEF-uh-runss noun :

respect and esteem due a superior or an elder; also : affected or ingratiating regard for another's wishes

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.

Proverbs 3:27

Never be

Too busy to stop and recognize

The grief that lies in another’s eyes,

Too busy to offer to help or share, T

oo busy to sympathize or care

Helen Steiner Rice

 Today try to identify the heart-hurt hidden in the words that another is speaking

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

A February spring is not worth a pin

English proverb

40 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY HOMEPAGE I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/faith.html

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: