Tuesday, February 21, 2006

FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 22nd, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Prayer does not change God, but changes him who prays

Soren Kierkegaard

TODAY'S ACTION

Pursue righteousness and kindness

TODAY'S QUOTE

When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves

William Arthur Ward

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !

 It was a pretty nice day out yesterday, a little sun and in the 30’s. I stopped by my folks on the way home and my Mom seemed a little better. My sister had fixed dinner and I ate there and even got some leftovers for my lunch today !

This evening I have prayer group. The week is going by pretty fast.

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

TODAY IS...POLAR BEAR DAY!

Polar bears are the world's largest land carnivore. A male stands between eight and nine feet tall and weighs between 750 and 1400 pounds. They only live in the circumpolar North, and there are five countries where they are found: U. S. (Alaska), Canada, Russia, Denmark (Greenland), and Norway

HERE IS A LINK ALL ABOUT POLAR BEARS http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is Teddy Bear Day.

Today is National Be Humble Day

Boy Scouts Founder Day - Robert Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts, was born on this day in 1857,in London, England

1732: The first U.S. president, George Washington, was born at his parents' plantation in the Virginia Colony

1879: Frank Winfield Woolworth opened the nation's first 5-cent store in Utica, New York

1931: Maurice Chevalier recorded "Walkin' My Baby Back Home" for Victor Records in New York City

TODAY'S SMILE

Lord, Thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older... Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject andon every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody; helpful but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end

TODAY'S WORD

sal·u·tar·y adjective.

1. Effecting or designed to effect an improvement; remedial: salutary advice.

2. Favorable to health; wholesome: a salutary climate

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Jesus said to them, 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's

Luke 20:25

If you follow the command of our Savior -- Love your neighbor as yourself-- you'll have no trouble in giving to your government what is due, and in giving to God what is his.

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

A copper penny taped to your navel is said to cure seasickness

26 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/faith.html

MY JOURNALS

 http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

No comments: