Saturday, February 18, 2006

FOR SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 19TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The great thing about geting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been

Madaline L'Engle

TODAY'S ACTION

Today take time to observe and appreciate God’s amazing miracles

TODAY'S QUOTE

People who soar are those who refuse to sit back, sigh and wish things would change. They neither complain of their lot nor passively dream of some distant ship coming in. Rather, they visualize in their minds that they are not quitters; they will not allow life's circumstances to push them down and hold them under.

Charles R. Swindoll

HAPPY SUNDAY !

AND HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRINCE CHARMING !

May the dear Lord bless you !

After going to early church this morning DD and I will head to the Outlet Mall to see if we can find any good Presidents Day Sales. This has been a yearly event for us for quite a long while. We usually find some really neat bargains.

I have to work tomorrow, the official holiday, so we’re going today instead.

I spent the day with my Mom and Dad Saturday. I got there about 9 a.m. and came home about 10 pm. Mom is on bed rest for now and gets up only for short periods of time. She gets tired of laying down all the time too !

It snowed here yesterday and went down to the very low single figures during the night. At 10 when I came home last night, the news say it felt like -5 outside and the actually temp was 14 degrees.  BRRRRCHILL!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior

TODAY IS...CASABLANCA DAY

Casablanca is rated second (behind Citizen Kane) on the American Film Institute's Top 100 Greatest American Movies list. It was filmed in 59 days on the sound stages of Warner Bros. in 1942. The script was based on a play called "Everybody Goes to Rick's" that was never produced. With pages reaching the set as they were scheduled to be shot, nobody knew how the movie would end until the final days of production

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is National Chocolate Mint Day

Today is Straw Wrapper Appreciation Day, a day to remember how much fun it was to blow the wrapper off a straw

1878: Thomas Edison patented the first gramophone.

1985: Cherry Coke was introduced by the Coca-Cola Company . Soda jerks at drug store fountains had been mixing it since the 1930s.

TODAY'S SMILE

GETTING OLD

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

* Insanity is my only means of relaxation. *

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

* Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets. *

You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster. *

Perhaps you know why women over fifty don't have babies: They would put them down somewhere and forget where they left them. *

* My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely. *

Every time I think about exercise, I lie down til the thought goes away.

* God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die. *

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

 * If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts. *

Stress reducer: Put a bag on your head. Mark it "Closed for remodeling." **caution - leave air holes.

* I finally got my head together, and my body fell apart. *

There cannot be a crisis this week; my schedule is already full.

* The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. *

The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

* The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does. *

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

* Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.*

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

* Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness. *

You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing.

* I don't mind the rat race, but I could do with a little more cheese.

* I had to give up jogging for my health. My thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire. *

WOMEN: Remember, as we get older we no longer have hot flashes. We now have power surges. *

Amazing! You just hang something in your closet for a while, and it shrinks two sizes.

* Age is important only if you're a cheese. *

Freedom of the press means no-iron clothes.

*  Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. *

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Life is full of tensions, stress, and grim realities.

When we need a break now and then,

how do we spell relief?

L-A-U-G-H !!

TODAY'S WORD

gla·cial adjective

1.a. Of, relating to, or derived from a glacier. b. Suggesting the extreme slowness of a glacier: Work proceeded at a glacial pace. 2.a. Often Glacial. Characterized or dominated by the existence of glaciers. Used of a geologic epoch. b. Pleistocene. 3. Extremely cold; icy: glacial waters. Synonym cold. 4. Having the appearance of ice. 5.a. Lacking warmth and friendliness: a glacial stare. b. Coldly detached: a glacial composure

TODAY'S REFLECTION

The Lord turned to Gideon and said, "Go with your strength and save Israel from the Midianites. I am the one who is sending you." But Gideon answered, "Lord, how can I save Israel from the Midianites? My family group is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least important member of my family." The Lord answered him, "I will be with you. It will seem as if the Midianites you are fighting are only one man."

Judges 6:14-16

Sometimes we try too hard to assemble and polish the perfect tools to serve God. He doesn't need better tools. He's well-equipped to accomplish what needs to be done. And because the battles we face are spiritual, not temporal, the abilities and talents we add to our arsenal aren't necessarily the ones needed. What God desires is that we trust Him, and give Him what we already hold in our hands.

Annie Chapman

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

No weather is ill, if the wind be still

29 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/faith.html

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/ http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: