Monday, February 20, 2006

FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 21st, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.

Mohandas K. Gandhi

TODAY'S ACTION

Have the faith to move mountains

TODAY'S QUOTE

Mere colour, unspoiled by meaning, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways

Oscar Wilde

HAPPY TUESDAY !

I think my brain got frozen yesterday. I got to work and looked at the calendar and discoverd I had an appointment right after work with our accountant to have my taxes done. Well, all my tax stuff was still at home. Thankfully DD wasn’t working so she went to my house and picked up the paperwork and brought in to work for me. Yeah !

That’s all done and I don’t owe any money either. That’s always good news.

Today I think it’s supposed to get a little warmer. I hope my brain thaws out and works a little better. I’ll be stopping by my folks on the way home from work today. My sister has been taking good care of them and spending the days at their house. Thank the dear Lord she can do that. I’ll spend Saturday with them so she can do some of her own things.

Take good care all !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...BARLEY PUDDING DAY

Barley is a hearty grain high in protein and carbohydrates. It is most often seen in soups or stews and usually compared to rice. Using it to make pudding is a traditional Irish method that turns this grain into a delicious dessert

1 quart water

 4 Tbsp Pearl barley

1 1/2 lb apples - peeled, cored and sliced

3 Tbsp sugar

3/4 cup heavy cream

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1. Put the barley in the water and bring to the boil. Add the sliced apples and continue cooking over medium-low heat until the barley and apples are soft. 2. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Return mixture to the saucepan. 3. Add sugar and lemon juice. Bring to the boil again. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and then chill. Stir in cream right before serving.

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is Giving Day, a day to give someone something, even if it's merely encouragement

I've Got Your Number Day - This first telephone book was published on this day in 1878 in New Haven, Connecticut

1842: John J. Greenough of Washington, DC. patented the sewing machine

1929: At the Victor Records studio in New York City, Jimmie Rodgers recorded 11 songs, including "Desert Blues" and "Any Old Time." He was already America’s first country music superstar

1931: Alka Seltzer is introduced. Oh, what a relief it is

1947: Edwin Land demonstrated his Polaroid Land camera, which could produce a black-and-white photograph in 60 seconds

TODAY'S SMILE

There was a little old cleaning woman that went to the local church. When the invitation was given at the end of the service, she went forward wanting to become a member. The pastor listened as she told him how she had accepted Jesus and wanted to be baptized and become a member of the church.

The pastor thought to himself, "oh my, she is so unkempt, even smells a little, and her fingernails are not clean. She picks up garbage, cleans toilets - what would the members think of her." He told her that she needed to go home and pray about it and then decide.

 The following week, here she came again. She told the pastor that she had prayed about it and still wanted to be baptized. "I have passed this church for so long. It is so beautiful, and I truly want to become a member."

Again the pastor told her to go home and pray some more.

A few weeks later while out eating at the restaurant, the pastor saw the little old lady. He did not want her to think that he was ignoring her so he approached her and said, "I have not seen you for a while. Is everything all right?"

"Oh, yes," she said. "I talked with Jesus, and he told me not to worry about becoming a member of your church." "He did?" said the pastor.

"Oh, yes" she replied. He said even He hasn't been able to get into your church yet, and He's been trying for years

 TODAY'S WORD

a·me·na·ble adjective

1. Responsive to advice, authority, or suggestion; tractable. Synonym obedient. 2. Responsible to higher authority; accountable. Synonym at responsible. 3. Open to testing, criticism, or judgment

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Happy is he who is kind to the poor.

Proverbs 14:21

Happiness is only found

In bringing it to others,

And thinking of all folks we meet

Not as strangers, but as brothers

Helen Steiner Rice

Today increase your generosity and eliminate selfishness

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Ignorance per se is not nearly as dangerous as ignorance of ignorance.

Sydney J. Harris

27 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/faith.html

MY JOURNALS

 http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: