Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2005 

                        

 

  TODAY'S THOUGHT  

Joy is not in things; it is in us  

Richard Wagner  

 

TODAY'S ACTION  

 Be ready to find joy where and when it surfaces  

 

TODAY'S QUOTE  

Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate 

 

  HAPPY 'THANKFULLY' THURSDAY  

Today I'm thankful for the 'cool' weather.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm tired of being hot and having the air conditioning running.  It's not fun anymore.  Mind you, I don't want winter to come either...   It has definitely been getting darker earlier here.  By 8:00 I want to go to bed, it's dark out then.  In the mid summer evenings, at 8:00 I was just getting a good  start on things around here...not anymore.  Oh my, it's only going to get worse as the days shorten.  It' won't be long and my body will think 7:00 is bed time.  

Have a great day all !  Another wonderful one on the Way !   

 

  TODAY IS...CHICKEN DAY  

Chickens are descended from the wild red jungle fowl of India. They have been domesticated for at least 4,000 years. But, it wasn't until the 1800's that they became a mass-producted commodity for our dining room tables. In honor of Chicken Day... chickens want you to EAT MORE BEEF  

 

 AND TODAY IS...   

 

 Someday, the day we're all going to lose weight, start a business, learn another language, skydive, whatever. Someday is a day to tackle new challenges  

 

TODAY'S TRIVIA

1930: One of the world's most popular comic strips, "Blondie," first appeared. Blondie and Dagwood speak 33 languages in 1,800 newspapers in 58 countries.

1904 Wilbur Wright makes his 1st airplane flight

1949: The Lone Ranger, already on radio and in comic books, debuted on ABC Television, starring Clayton Moore as the Lone Ranger and Jay Silverheels as Tonto

1965: Green Acres debuted on CBS-TV. The sitcom starred Eddie Albert, Eva Gabor, Pat Buttram, and Arnold the Pig.

1982: Gannett published the first issue of USA Today. The lead story was the auto accident death of Princess Grace of Monaco

 

TODAY'S SMILE  

While at a water park, my four-year-old son and I were sitting on a bench eating ice cream. I had on a pink-and-black-striped swimsuit.

We looked up just as a very beautiful young woman with a gorgeous figure walked by, and she happened to be wearing a similar suit.

My son looked at her, then at me. 'Look, Mom!' he said. That lady has on a swimsuit just like yours, only hers is a different shape

 

TODAY'S WORD

  rede transitive.verb red·ed, red·ing, redes.  

1. To give advice to; counsel. 2. To interpret; explain. --rede n. 1. Advice or counsel. 2. Archaic. A narration  

 

TODAY'S REFLECTION    

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me  

 Galatians 2:20  

Jesus never promised that life on earth would be ideal, but he did promise that he would be with us to give us the strength we need to face the difficulties.  He will help us become more and more like himself, if we truly desire it.
    An anonymous writer describes it beautifully:
  A Christian is a mind through which Christ thinks;
    a heart through which Christ loves;
    a voice through which Christ speaks;
    a hand through which Christ helps
 

 

 TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S AMANAC  

Harvest and tie up small bundles of dried, woody-stemmed herbs like bay, lavendar, or rosemary to scent your evening fires.  

7 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN  

Sun rise: 7:06 AM, set: 7:38 PM  

Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4

   I Love You All !!!  

 Be Blessed !!!  

Ma  

 

MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/  

 

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

No comments: