Saturday, September 17, 2005

FOR SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2005  

TODAY'S THOUGHT  

 Searching for that big happy moment in life, how many special little moments we let pass us by   Anonymous  

TODAY'S ACTION  

Become more aware of the forces that surround you  

TODAY'S QUOTE  

 Many a family tree needs trimming  

 HAPPY SUNDAY  

Bless your Spirit Day !  

Off to church this morning and then home to get ready for the party at 1:00 today.  Yesterday was cloudy and damp - hopefully the sun will shine today!   

Take good care all !  

 Have a great day !  Another wonderful one on the Way !  

  

 TODAY IS...MUSHROOM DAY  

Mushrooms are a fungi (ick) that are related to molds and yeasts. There are tens of thousands of different species, but only a few hundred we can eat. All the rest are toxic. Not all mushrooms grow in dark, damp places -some need sunlight - and some even glow in the dark! Be careful what you pick to throw in the stew pot - or just get them at the grocery store like I do.  

BAKED MUSHROOMS  

 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. seasoning salt
1 dash pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons melted butter
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a 1 quart casserole dish combine mushrooms, onion, garlic, green pepper, Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, pepper and parsley. Pour water and butter over mixture and cover.

3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes
  

TODAY'S TRIVIA  

1502: Columbus lands at Costa Rica on his fourth voyage

1851: The first edition of "The New York Times" was published 1927: The Columbia Phonograph Broadcasting System (later CBS) made its debut with a basic network of 16 radio stations

1947: The National Security Act, which unified the Army, Navy and newly formed Air Force into a National Military Establishment, went into effect 1965: Larry Hagman (Captain Tony Nelson) and Barbara Eden (Jeannie) starred in the first episode of "I Dream of Jeannie", on NBC-TV

1965 "Get Smart" premiers  

TODAY'S SMILE  

I read recently about a father who passed by his son's bedroom and was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. It was addressed, "Dad". With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter.

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you. I've been finding real passion with Joan and she is so nice -- even with all her piercing and her tattoos. But it's not only the passion dad, she's pregnant and Joan said that we will be very happy. I know you don’t care for her as she is so much older than I. But, she already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. She wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. Joan taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with her friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Joan can get better; she sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 16 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.
Your son, John

PS: Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbor's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home

 

ONE MORE...

The pastor's sermon focused on how God know's which of us grows best in the sunlight and which of us needs shade.

"For example," he said, "roses must be planted in the sun, but fuchsias thrive in the shade."

After the service, a woman, her face beaming, approached him.

"Your sermon did me so much good," she said.

Before he had time to gloat too much, however, she added,

I always wondered what was wrong with my fuchsias

(THIS IS TRUE, MY FUCHIA FLOURISHES ON THE FRONT PORCH IN THE SHADE)

TODAY'S WORD  

 memento
Pronunciation: /me-MEN-to/
n : something that serves to warn or remind : souvenir
   

TODAY'S REFLECTION

  I am in prison because I belong to the Lord. God chose you to be his people, so I urge you now to live the life to which God called you. Always be humble, gentle, and patient, accepting each other in love. You are joined together with peace through the Spirit, so make every effort to continue together in this way.

Ephesians 4:1-3
 

When you see an old man amiable, mild, equable, content, and good-humored, be sure that in his youth he has been just, generous, and forbearing. In his end he does not lament the past, nor dread the future; he is like the evening of a fine day

Arabian Proverb


  TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S AMANAC  

 Thunder in September brings plenty of snow in February  

 4 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN  

 

 Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
 

I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!   Ma  

MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/  

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: