Sunday, September 11, 2005

FOR MONDAY , SEPTEMBER 12, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2005

    TODAY'S THOUGHT  

Without faith, we are as stained-glass windows in the dark.   Anonymous

     TODAY'S ACTION  

Remember that hope clings, and faith lets go  

  TODAY'S QUOTE  

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember.

I do and I understand
 
Confucius

    HAPPY MONDAY

 BACK TO WORK

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!  

 May the dear Lord bless you Dad!  

The weekend flew by as always.  Except for my dulicmer get together on Tuesday evening this should be a pretty quiet week.   Come the weekend things will change as my company comes in .  Take good care all !  

 Have a great day all !  Another wonderful one on the Way !  

    TODAY IS...CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE DAY !  

Okay, In a blender, add:
1 cup ice cold milk
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 tbsp. chocolate syrup
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Blend, pour into a glass and drink.

Then walk for 2 hours to keep the 490 calories from ending up on your hips
 

    TODAY'S TRIVIA  

 1609: English explorer Henry Hudson sailed into the river that now bears his name

1910: Alice Wells became the first Los Angeles policewoman with full arrest powers. Even in uniform, Alice was accused of misusing her husband’s badge to ride the streetcar free, until L.A. finally issued her "Policewoman’s Badge #1

1953: Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy married Jacqueline Lee Bouvier in Newport, Rhode Island

 1954: "Lassie" made its television debut on CBS

1959: "Bonanza" premieres on NBC and ran through 1973

    TODAY'S SMILE  

 I purchased a telephone-answering machine with a prerecorded message that used a male voice. When Mother returned from vacation, I forgot to mention it to her.

The next Saturday, the phone rang and the machine answered. After the message, there was a pause and the caller hung up. A second time and the same result. Then the phone rang a third time. I heard, This is your mother, I think. If I am, please call me
 

 

more...

 

  When my daughter was three, we watched Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs for the first time. The wicked queen appeared, disguised as an old lady selling apples, and my daughter was spellbound. Then Snow White took a bite of the poisoned apple and fell to the ground unconscious. As the apple rolled away, my daughter spoke up ...

See, Mom. She doesn't like the skin either  

    TODAY'S WORD  

ekistics
Pronunciation: /i-KIS-tiks/
n : the science or study of community planning and design
 

  TODAY'S REFLECTION  

We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don't know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again.   I Corinthians 4:8-9  

What a courageous statement! And Paul was honest, for he had survived being beaten, shipwrecked, stoned, and other perils.And each time, Paul did get up again and go on with his mission for the Lord.


Although knocked down, with God's help, you'll be able to get up again.  

    TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC  

 To stop choking, look up  

10 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!    

Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
 

 I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!   Ma

 

      MY JOURNALS
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/
http://onyama.blogspot.com/
 

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6
http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm
 

FALL GRAPHICS BY:

 

No comments: