Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, MAY 21ST, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 21st, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of the dream.

Eleanor Roosevelt

TODAY’S ACTION

Balance your daily duties with the beauty and joy of every moment

TODAY’S QUOTE

I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.

Rita Mae Brown

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

OVER THE HUMP DAY !

We were blessed by a beautiful day on Tuesday. Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come. I know plenty of people that really need rain, so it can go elsewhere and I’ll be happy. S

ome weeks getting over the hump is harder than others and this week is one of those for sure. I am so looking forward to the long weekend ahead.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…ALLERGY ALERT DAY

An allergy is your body's reaction to something that doesn't bother most people. You can be allergic to an animal, flower, plant, food, insect - or even the dust in your own house. If more people seem to suffer from allergies in the spring, it's because of all the things growing in their yards. But, are grass and pollen the biggest culprits? No. The one substance that causes the most problems is mold.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Hummel Day, marking the birth in 1909 of Sister Maria Hummel, the German kindergarten art teacher whose watercolor drawings were transformed into the world’s finest figurines

Today is Passion Play Day. The first Passion Play was staged in Oberammergau, Germany, on this date in 1634

Today is National Strawberries and Cream Day

1819 - The first bicycles in the United States were called swift walkers and were seen for the first time on the streets of New York City on this day

1959 - Gypsy, a musical based on the life of stripper Gypsy Rose Lee, opened on Broadway. Ethel Merman played Gypsy’s mother, Rose, who pushed her two daughters into burlesque.

TODAY’S SMILE

A LETTER FROM GOD

As you got up this morning, I watched you and hoped you would talk to Me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were too busy trying to find the right outfit to put on and wearto work.

I waited again. When you ran around the house getting ready I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were too busy. At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair.

Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip. I watched as you went to work and I waited patiently all day long.

With all your activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me. I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me, that is why you didn't bow your head.

You glanced three or four tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate, but you didn't. That's okay. There is still more time left, and I have hope that you will talk to me yet you went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do.

After a few of them were done you turned on the TV, I don't know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there & you spent a lot of time each day in front of it, not thinking about anything - just enjoying the show.

I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal but again you didn't talk to me. Bedtime I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time.

That's okay because you may not realize that I am always there for you. I've got patience more than you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well. I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought or a thankful part of your heart.

It is hard to have a one-sided conversation. 

Well you are getting up again and once again I will wait with nothing but love for you hoping that today you will give me some time.

Have a nice day!

Your friend, GOD :)

 

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.

Larry Eisenberg

TODAY’S WORD

peripatetic \pair-uh-puh-TET-ik\, adjective:

1. Of or pertaining to walking about or traveling from place to place; itinerant.

2. Of or pertaining to the philosophy taught by Aristotle (who gave his instructions while walking in the Lyceum at Athens), or to his followers.

noun:

1. One who walks about; a pedestrian; an itinerant.

2. A follower of Aristotle; an Aristotelian

Peripatetic derives from Greek peripatetikos, from peripatein, "to walk about," from peri-, "around, about" + patein, to walk

TODAY’S REFLECTION

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:32

It is very difficult to forgive someone who has hurt you. Many times ugly thoughts of revenge creep into your mind and cause much trouble. Jesus said, "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses." (Mark 11:25).

And He set the example on the cross, praying, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (Luke 23:34). When you allow unforgiveness to fester in your heart, it will contaminate your entire body, causing melancholy and depression. It can even cause physical illness. You remain a prisoner of the person who has hurt you.

I have found that forgiveness does not always come immediately, but often is a process that may take some time to accomplish. When you have the faith and courage to ask God to make you a channel of his forgiveness

http://www.ourprayer.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Wear amber to avoid a sore throat

30 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: