Friday, May 23, 2008

FOR F R I D A Y, May 23, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 23RD, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

We are all faced with magnificent opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

Charles R. Swindell

TODAY’S ACTION

Be aware of small chances that come your way to show compassion

TODAY’S QUOTE

Take all of the precious days of your life and use them to bring more joy, love, and oneness with God to this world. Life is short. Don't miss a moment of it.

Joseph J. Mazzella

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY !!

Yes, it is finally here and I’m going to be one tired lady by the end of the day for sure. Payroll day plus lots of other things will make the day go by faster, but by the time I reach the campground tonight, I’ll be ready for a rest for sure.

I may get the opportunity to try out my laptop this weekend and if I do, a newsletter will be sent out. If not, you won’t be hearing from me again until Wednesday morning. We’ll just see if they have some tables and chairs set out on the clubhouse deck for me to use yet.

The sun is supposed to shine and we may even reach the high 70’s or low 80’s by Monday. Come Tuesday rain is back in the forecast. We’ll see…

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, holdour troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…BODY PAINTING DAY

Body painting is a decorative art that has been practiced down through the ages - starting with the Egyptian Pharos who used henna to color the skin for cosmetic purposes. Today, this body art is practiced all over the world. In India, it is used as part of traditional wedding ceremonies to draw designs on the bride. In Europe and America it has become an alternative to tattooing since it lasts for only 2-4 weeks instead of being permanent

TODAY’S TRIVIA

 Today is World Turtle Day, a time to celebrate and protect turtles and tortoises and their habitats

Today is Mounties Day. The Northwest Mounted Police force was established in Canada on this date in 1873

Today is National Climb a Tree Day. Be careful.

1788 - South Carolina, the colony originally named in honor of Charles I of England, became one of the United States on this day. The eighth state also has the dubious honor of being the first state to secede at the start of the Civil War in 1861. Its capital city is Columbia. The state bird is, appropriately, the Carolina wren

1877: Grace Ingalls was born in Burr Oak, Iowa. Six months later, the Ingalls family returned to Walnut Grove, Minnesota. Grace’s sister, Laura, made the Ingallsfamous with her "Little House" book series

1879 - Iowa State College, located in Ames, IA, established the first veterinary school in the U.S.

1940: Frank Sinatra, The Pied Pipers with Jo Stafford, and the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra recorded the classic, I’ll Never Smile Again for Victor Records

TODAY’S SMILE

GOD’S RESUME

GOD

Everywhere All over,

Every Place 00000

Phone: (123) 456-PRAY EXPERIENCE

From the beginning of time. Before the beginning of time. From everlasting to everlasting. I made time.

ABILITY

All Powerful

PRIOR EMPLOYMENT

Created the universe, put the galaxies in place, formed man. Established heaven and earth by My spoken Word and I am currently holding up the world by My power.

EDUCATION AND TRAINING

I AM and I have all knowledge.

CHARACTER REFERENCE

Love, Light, and Life (1 John 4:16, 1 John 1:5, John 14:6).

A representative, but by no means conclusive list of other character traits follows:

Wisdom . . . James 1:5

Comfort . . . 2 Corinthians 1:3

Truth . . . John 8:32

Healer . . . 1 Peter 2:24

Strength . . . Philippians 4:13

Forgiveness . . . 1 John 1:9

Provider . . . Philippians 4:19

Mercy . . . Ephesians 2:24

Good . . . Matthew 19:17

Peace . . . Romans 14:17

AVAILABILITY

Willing and ready to take over your life. Able to put your life together again. Will bring all of who I AM into your life. Can start now. Will transform your life if you let Me.

SALARY REQUIREMENT

Work in your life has already been paid for through the blood of My Son, Jesus. Your only responsibility is to commit initially and on a daily basis. To trust and obey what Jesus has done and wants to do in your life. Other references available upon request.

ONE MORE…

 A little girl asked her father, "How did the human race come about?" The father answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so all mankind was made." Two days later she asks her mother the same question.

The mother answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys, and we developed from them." The confused girl returns to her father and says: "Dad, how is it possible that you told me that the human race was created by God and Mom says we developed from monkeys?"

The Father answers, "That's simple, honey. I told you about the origin of my side of the family, and your mother told you about her side

TODAY’S WORD

cadge \KAJ\, transitive verb:

1. To beg or obtain by begging; to sponge. intransitive verb:

 1. To beg; to sponge Cadge derives from Middle English cadgear, a peddler, a huckster

 TODAY’S REFLECTION

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; Beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul.

Psalm 23:1-2

 Jesus refers to his dwelling within us as "living water." The restful waters to which he leads us is the quiet joy and interior peace of his abiding presence. We are his sheep. As our Shepherd, he knows that sheep are fearful of rapid-running water; hence he nurtures us in the quiet, prayerful solitude of our own heart.

Jesus assures us that he alone can satisfy our thirst: "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never be thirsty; no the water I give him shall become a fountain within him, leaping up to provide eternal life." (Jn 4:14)

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Plant marigolds around your lover's footsteps to keep your true love

28 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: