Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, MAY 20TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 20TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Life’s blows cannot break a person whose spirit is warmed at the fire of enthusiasm.

Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Make the most of today

TODAY’S QUOTE

How much we enjoy what we have is more important than how much we have. Bits & Pieces

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

Our skies were blue and sunny after a very cloudy start to the day on Monday, but today we will have clouds and probably rain. May is flying by so fast it makes me wonder where it’s going to.

This week is a busy one for me. Tonight is our dulcimer get together, Wednesday after work I need to make the hour long trek to my DDH’s grave to put flowers on for Memorial Day. It’s a half hour there and a half hour home again. I stopped by and put fresh bouquets on my parents and grandparents graves yesterday. Thursday evening is Bible Study and Thursday is also DS#4’s birthday. Then after work on Friday I leave for the campsite. It will be a nice long weekend there as I have off Monday for the holiday and Tuesday as a vacation day. So far the weather is looking sunny for Saturday and Sunday.

I will get the laundry done and some house ‘blessings’ too in between all that so that I can be ready to leave again.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…PICK STRAWBERRIES DAY

And we assume Eat Some Fresh-Picked Strawberries Day. Strawberries are a member of the rose family and were grown in ancient Rome. The variety we know today comes from Northern Europe where it was a popular and prevalent fruit. Since the berries seem to be strewn among the leaves of the plant, they were originally named "strewberry". Farmers always took them to market on beds of straw, so the name was later changed to strawberry

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Eliza Doolittle Day, a time to promote the importance of speaking one's native language properly

Today is Weights and Measures Day, marking creation on the International Bureau of Weighs and Measures at Sevres, France, on this date in 1875

Today is Go Fly A Kite With the Kids Day

1830 - H.D. Hyde of Reading, Pennsylvania patented the fountain pen. And a messy contraption it was.

1916: Saturday Evening Post published artist Norman Rockwell’s first cover. It depicted a boy having to care for his infant sibling, pushing a baby carriage, while his buddies set off the play ball

1927 - ‘Lucky’ Lindbergh took off from Roosevelt Field in New York aboard the small airplane Spirit of St. Louis, en route to Paris, France. Thirty-three and one-half hours later, Charles A. Lindbergh arrived at his destination -- and flew into history

 1941 - Harry James and his orchestra recorded the classic You Made Me Love You for Columbia Records

TODAY’S SMILE

I spoke a word of praise today,

One I had no need to say.

I spoke a word of praise to one

Commending some small service done,

 And in return, to my surprise,

I reaped rewards of mountain size;

For such a look of pleasure shone

Upon his face - I'll never own

A gift more beautiful to see

Than that swift smile he gave to me.

I spoke one little word of praise

 And sunshine fell on both our ways.

By Helen Lowrie, From The Gift of Wonder

 TODAY’S WORD

 obtrude \uhb-TROOD; ob-\, transitive verb:

1. To thrust out; to push out.

2. To force or impose (one's self, remarks, opinions, etc.) on others with undue insistence or without solicitation.

 intransitive verb:

1. To thrust upon a group or upon attention; to intrude

Obtrude is from Latin obtrudere, "to thrust upon, to force," from ob, "in front of, before" + trudere, to push, to thrust

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The psalmist wrote, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever

Psalm 73:26

We can identify with the psalmist as we bounce back and forth between attempts at self-sufficiency and dependence on God when things get tough.

How often I have blundered and faltered, attempting to do everything on my own and forgetting to include the Lord until things start to unravel!

The psalm tells us: "Trust in [God] at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him"(Ps. 62:8, NRSV).

Calling on God in all of our experiences reminds us of God's power and gives us peace in the knowledge of God's care and love for each of us

http://www.upperroom.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A wet spring is a sure sign of dry weather for harvest.

31 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

 May 19th was the FULL FLOWER MOON

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: