Thursday, May 22, 2008

FOR THURSDAY, MAY 22, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 22nd, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Change yourself and your work will seem different.

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Face the challenges that you encounter with faith in your heart.

TODAY’S QUOTE

No one goes their way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.

Edwin Markham

HAPPY THURSDAY !!

 AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DS#4

May the dear Lord bless you today and always!

After a cloudy and wet start to the day it cleared up yesterday and we were blessed by more sunshine! Somehow the rain doesn’t seem so bad if it comes and goes quickly and then the sun comes out.

Tonight is my Bible Study in the evening and then tomorrow after work I’ll be leaving for 4 days of vacation, hopefully days having fun in the sun.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

God Bless You All !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…HERB DAY

Herbs have been used for food and medicine since prehistoric times. About 25% of the prescription drugs sold in the U.S. are plant based - and many more are included in over-the-counter drugs. But, herbs aren't just for medicinal use today. They are fun to grow, add interesting flavors to your cooking and are a staple in natural crafts

LINK TO HERBAL GARDENS http://www.herbalgardens.com/contents.html

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Bifocals Day

Today is National Vanilla Pudding Day

Today is National Make a Memory Day

1819 - The steamship Savannah was the first to cross the Atlantic. It sailed from Savannah, Georgia to Liverpool, England. This day is now celebrated in the United States as National Maritime Day

1900 - A. DeVilbiss, Jr. of Toledo, OH patented his pendulum-type computing scale. Many are still around. Check out your nearest produce stand at the market

1967: Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood premiered on PBS, featuring Rev. Fred Rogers, a Presbyterian minister from Pittsburgh. It’s public television’s longest running children’s program

1972: The island nation of Ceylon became the republic of Sri Lanka

TODAY’S SMILE

GOD'S COVER LETTER

To: Whom It May Concern . . . I heard you were considering a new manager in your life. I would like to apply for the job. I believe I am the most qualified candidate. I am the only one that has even done this job successfully.

I was the first manager of human beings. In fact I made them, so naturally I know how humanity works, and what is best to get people back into proper working condition. It will be like having the manufacturer as your personal mechanic.

 If this is your first time considering me, I would just like to point out that my salary has already been paid by the blood of my son, Jesus on the cross of Calvary.

What I need from you is the acknowledgment that the price is sufficient to pay for all of your sin and your independence from Me.

I need you to believe this in your heart and to tell somebody else about your decision with your mouth. The next thing I ask for, is the right to change and fix your life so you can learn how to stay close to Me.

I will make some major changes and revisions. They are not for you to worry about. I need your permission to execute these changes, in My way and in My time.

 I will change your desires and give you the strength to make the changes. Please keep your hands out of the way. Don't try to help me and Don't resist me. I really do need your full commitment and cooperation.

If you give me those, the process can go smoothly, without delays.

Yours Sincerely,

GOD

P.S. I created the heavens and the earth. I AM.

TODAY’S WORD

 boulevardier \boo-luh-var-DYAY; bul-uh-\, noun:

1. A frequenter of city boulevards, especially in Paris.

 2. A sophisticated, worldly, and socially active man; a man who frequents fashionable places; a man-about-town

Boulevardier is from French, from boulevard, from Old French bollevart, "rampart converted to a promenade," from Middle Low German bolwerk, bulwark

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The kingdom of God is within you

Luke 17:21

God our Creator has laid up within our minds and personalities all the potential powers and ability we need for constructive living. It remains for us to tap and develop these powers

POSITIVE THINKING – Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Add sugar to arrangements of larkspur and delphinium

29 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: